PDA

View Full Version : DS650 Cutting out

bruzer238
06-06-2008, 06:57 PM
My DS650 is cutting out after 1/4 throttle its still runs but it sounds like its getting no gas so its spitting and sputering. But when its in nuetral it revs right up and doesn't cut out. But as soon as You put it in gear and take off in any gear after 1/4 throttle it happens. I cleaned the carb and changed the spark plugs and tried new gas and i'm just lost please HELP.:mad:

DynojetResearch
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Check the o-ring that is on the emulsion tube, i have seen them crack and cause a very rich conditon.

bruzer238
06-12-2008, 04:12 PM
So today i just got pist off at the ds and took it out and held it at full throttle for awhile and it opened up and took off so i let off again tried it again same result spitting and sputtering and then opened right up. As long as u keep the rpms up in the lower gears you can make it to full throttle through all the gears. So i decide to put in a jet kit and change needle setting to the second one down and to a 175 main jet like dyno jet said to do the only thing done to it is a K&N filter and a higher rev limiter. i'm fouling plugs and i don't know what setting i just do or change please help.

DynojetResearch
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Remove the emulsion tube and check the condition of the o-ring!!!

bruzer238
06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Not to sound stupid but where is that?
:huh

DynojetResearch
06-13-2008, 11:27 AM
It is the brass part that the main jet screws into. When you remove it there should be an o-ring at the end of the threads.

bruzer238
06-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Ok checked that o-ring out its fine. I took it out today for the first time after rejetting it. Still mid range power spit & sputter but i'm not fouling out the plugs their just fine. So all i did today was clutch it get rpms up and it was fine until i hit a enourmus puddle then it wouldn't even open up until it was partially dry and even then it wasn't running like it was before i hit the puddle. I did a compression test its at about 130 and holds strong. Do you think its still the carb or maybe electrical. I was told it might b electrical but i would think that it would cause it not to open up at all and it would spit and sputter the hole time. :confused: Any help Thanks

trx310R#24
06-17-2008, 06:09 AM
sounds like it can be alot of things.....

first check the stator/fly wheel look at the fly key good

i had this happin to my bike i needed a new fly wheel

trx310R#24

trx310R#24

trx310R#24

trx310R#24

trx310R#24

trx310R#24

bruzer238
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok know get this today i decided to take it out without any plastic on it and it started running just fine. Only spit and sputtered once and the rest of the time took off like a bad out of heck. Only thing i did different was its just about empty and i didn't have the little vent hose conected to the tank. The only thing i can think of is it wasn't getting enough air with plastic on or it just fixed it self. Any input????????????/

400exrapes
06-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I think that you need to fool around with your needle jet, because if your having problems after 1/4 throttle then thats your needle jet.

Pilot jet controls no throttle-1/4 throttle, all of neutral and when you've got the clutch held in it controls all of that
Needle jet controls 3/8 throttle-1/2 throttle
Main jet controls 1/2 throttle to WOT

So I'm assuming that if you can get your quad through the gear if your rpm's are high enough but it revs in neutral fine then your main jet and needle jet need to be looked at.

bruzer238
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Ok so today i started to put plastic on one piece at a time progressivley got worse with each piece i put on. So put it all back together and took off the top of air box and bam hold on started workin fine. I think it just wasn't getting enough air. knock on wood though because i haven't got to really go out and test it on a long ride though:(

bruzer238
06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Know my questin is do you think i have to go to a bigger jet size. Be cause i already went from stock(165) to a 175 and adjusted the needle to third notch. Or would i just have to adjust fuel mixture screw?

DynojetResearch
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
With the stock airbox that should be the correct main jet. What are all of the modifications that you have done to it? Make sure that the 2 intake snorkles are routed properly and not pinched or blocked.

bruzer238
06-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Only mod is dyno jet kit and k&n filter. Both of the tubes are in there right. I'm going to try running something threw them today to see if one of them is plugged though.