PDA

View Full Version : What wrong with this Kawi?

hondaracer_34
06-06-2008, 04:58 PM
im tryin to stay calm about this, but last night i was at the track and i went over to my pit area because there was a weird noise coming from the axle. I couldn't find anything so i went home and today i loaded her up and i seen that a black seal on the right side of the swingarm where the rotor is came of the bearing carrier. Why did it do this? My quad isnt even 2 months old and i bought it brand new! will my warranty cover this?

KFX-R
06-06-2008, 06:18 PM
its probably your seal for your caliper holder. You caliper holder is probably boncing up and down now. Just a guess but i doubt that your bearing are bad already....those should go in about 8 more months...

hondaracer_34
06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
now that i think about it, my rear brakes dont work most of the time. ill check it out tomarrow, but thanks. o and how do i get the seal to stay in? do i gotta buy a new one?

mod440ex
06-06-2008, 10:19 PM
take it to the dealer, they sould fix that under warrenty. just dont tell them you were on the track.

hondaracer_34
06-07-2008, 06:34 AM
alright thanks.

steve_154
06-07-2008, 11:55 PM
lift the rear off the ground. the bearing on the sprocket side is prolly bad, it causes the axle to move, the rotor may be hitting the caliper and mount. my bearings only last me about 2-3 months racing, trail riding they may last u 6-a year. but jumping is hard on em.

hondaracer_34
06-08-2008, 09:32 AM
well its the bearing carrier. Are the Kawi ones no good or something? The carrier in my 400ex lasted me almost 4 years. Idk what to think but this is bull****. Thanks for the help guys.

shoey
06-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Bearings are giving a lot of people problems these days, remember the 05 trx450r crank bearing? this is the Wal Mart generation, you know , make it cheaper or we'll buy it elsewhere. carrier bearings are failing on all makes at higher rates than the days of the 250r when racers got two years or more from carrier bearings but the after market still has a good replacment alternative and thats what I would use.

steve_154
06-08-2008, 10:43 AM
i use an aftermarket carrier, it may be the bearings are cheaper, but think of the amount of torque those bearings are under, and on most machines, the sprocket side has only one bearing while the rotor side has 2 in stock.

hondaracer_34
06-09-2008, 05:08 AM
so will the warranty cover this? Also, if the dealership does fix it, will they put a stock one back in or an aftermarket?

JH Racing
06-09-2008, 08:53 AM
If the dealer does not take care of it. I have a new take off that was only ridden from the truck to the shop. I put a Lonestar in when I built the bike. I would take $75 for the stock one.

hondaracer_34
06-09-2008, 11:37 AM
well if the dealership doesnt cover it im not going to buy stock b/c they are obviously junk?

hondaracer_34
06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
called the dealership today and they said i can bring it in and they will look at it and while im there i need to make a first service check up appt. for it ( even though ive already done it myself ), and they said if i dont it will void the warranty and the warranty will be worthless. Its gonna cost me $230 for my first service!

feature05
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Like I've said before, I called the kawasaki headquaters about this subject and they said that the dealerships can't do that. You just need to make sure you've log you manual of what you have done to your quad and make sure you kept the reciepts. If they make you pay that call the kawi headquaters right in front of them.