PDA

View Full Version : what kind of power difference is there between a full and slip on exhaust

zdowell
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Im thinking about just balling out and buying a full exhaust. But for half the money a slip on is sounding pretty good. This isn't my first quad, its just the first time I have had lots of extra money to toy around with and can't decide is paying $500 is really worth it. Id like personal experiences on this topic if at all possible.

Misfit138
06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
With a slip on you still have your stock head pipe and they are very restrictive.With a full system you have a larger head pipe that allows the exhaust to exit quicker giving you more power.In order to get the best out of your quad,I would go with a full system.

BlaineKaiser450
06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
a full system IMO is DEFINATLY worth the extra money

zdowell
06-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I said **** it. I bought the full exhaust. Got it $10 dollars over cost, so after tax i got a full HMF Iron man series system for $411 not bad considering on their website it cost $534. Was going to get more parts but he wouldn't do any more at cost, and rocky mountain is usually pretty cheap.

BTW Anyone have a discount coupon for Rockymountainatv.com??? thanks

jkulysses
06-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by zdowell
I said **** it. I bought the full exhaust. Got it $10 dollars over cost, so after tax i got a full HMF Iron man series system for $411 not bad considering on their website it cost $534. Was going to get more parts but he wouldn't do any more at cost, and rocky mountain is usually pretty cheap.

BTW Anyone have a discount coupon for Rockymountainatv.com??? thanks

I do but it's only like $10 off.