View Full Version : Used Hiper wheel buyers warning

racerdad88
06-06-2008, 12:03 PM
To all of you that buy used rear hiper wheels, I called them today for parts for a set I bought and was informed that if the rear wheels are more that 2 years old, ther are NO parts available for them. Don't know if mine are or not as the seller did not tell me this and you can't tell by looking at them. You have to email Hiper pictures of them for them to tell you.

Honda5
06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
what parts are you lookig for. I have never had a problem getting parts for the ones I got in 04'

06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
ive never heard this before

yfzrider45
06-06-2008, 02:21 PM
idk if thats true, i just go new hardware for the 04's before i sold them....and they were rear, the fronts were 05

racerdad88
06-06-2008, 04:42 PM
All I know is what the lady on the phone told me - I am sending them pics of them and will let you know when they respond - I never heard of it either until today.

HiPer Sales
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
To clarify:

The following is a list of wheels that we no longer have parts for. Please note that many of these wheels are 2-5 years old.

9x9 3+6 offset - we no longer have the parts in stock for the old style which were manufactured 2+ years ago. This offset wheel is mainly used for dune riding but if someone is not sure as to which offset they have, please feel free to contact us.

8x8 3+5 with the integrated hubs - We ceased production of these wheels over 3 years ago and no longer have the integrated hubs in stock. Please note if purchasing a used set, the hubs are not interchangeable from brand to brand, ie: Honda will not fit Yamaha or Suzuki, etc. So, if purchasing a set of these used, please be sure that it is for the EXACT make and model of the quad that it is going on. Also, it was attempted to make the new center interchangeable with the old wheels, however, it was not possible. So, these wheels can not be converted to the bolt on type center section.

In regards to front wheels - if you have the old style with the "ridges" or "fins" that are 3+ years old, the new halves will bolt up to the old wheels, but will astecially appear different.

Should anyone have any questions, you may contact us at any time.