View Full Version : 09 Yfz, Wth !?

yam450_53
06-06-2008, 11:19 AM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/323/0/specs.aspx

that's IT !!!????

xsr_racing28c
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Pappy,
I thought you said we should all wait to see the Yamaha before we make our minds up for 09?

Uh, oh well.. just what I expected from Yamaha...looks like they'll keep losing riders to other manufacturers. LOL...

Jay

06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA that is so stupid they put like fat bars on it and thats it! Whatever happened to the efi and aluminum frame and all that bs? What a pile of crap well it looks like im heading to the honda dealer for sure now.

my88r
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM
looks like the ktm quads. will be a good seller this year.:D

xsr_racing28c
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Funny thing is 20 mins before they released the 09 Yamahas I got off with the KTM dealer making arrangments to pick up my 08 450xc tonite at 7. :blah:

Can't wait!!! :D

06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
How do they look like ktm they are same as 08 with fatbars I think it looks like they have. Pappy you told me to wait for that?:huh

my88r
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM
thats why i wait. untill they are released. no outside sources.

:)

L0w3r55
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
dumb move by yamaha right there, I wonder if dirtwheels will still think its the best?

250r rider 88
06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
wow, i honestly expected more from yamaha this year, efi especially, this is going to dissapoint many yamaha fans that were rdy update

i wonder if honda will wait till next year as well, and when will the KTMs will go to efi?

oh..and you know dirtwheels will drool over it still

billdogg
06-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Just an idea, but Pappy said to wait till September, and the SE model comes out in September, so maybe....

xsr_racing28c
06-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I love how everyone brings up EFI. Really EFI doesn't make a quad or engine better as a tuned carb will deliver the same performance on fuel delivery.

I was hoping to see a new chassis and look from Yamaha, but I guess we'll have to wait. I think Honda will step up and do something a little bit different, but I doubt it will be too crazy as they are good machines as they stand.

I think KTM is pretty far ahead of the game and once people meet them on the track, they'll come to realize that the quality refinements KTM offers really get the job done.

Can't wait to see more of whats coming for 09, I was going to wait and buy the SX KTM but with my build sheet running on and on, I just can't see spending $3000 more for something that I'm going to end up only using the frame, controls, engine and brakes. haha..

Jay

FHKracingZ
06-06-2008, 12:07 PM
There not gonna make the SE model totally different than the regular model, maybe a different color scheme.

One_Bad_400
06-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88

oh..and you know dirtwheels will drool over it still

no matter what dirt wheels LOVES that ole yamaha, no matter how bad it sucks it still seems to always win??? lol

06-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
no matter what dirt wheels LOVES that ole yamaha, no matter how bad it sucks it still seems to always win??? lol

lol yeah they do a test and the other competitor wins everything and the end result is the yamaha seemed to ride best and have more power. Our riders prefered the (yamaha quad) over the competitors.

BlaineKaiser450
06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
haha its too bad they didnt do an update

Pappy
06-06-2008, 09:21 PM
all i can say is that im told there is more to come, i will be disappointed if this is it, but cant see being told something different if it wasnt due out. the new models for the sport line arent due for release until later in 09

also wouldnt be the 1st time they dropped production prior to a release, ive actually seen a model that was ready but never went into production...yet

btw, yamaha has been racking up win after win in classes from pro to c class.....not sure where the hate is coming from but maybe check the results

TRUE
06-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

btw, yamaha has been racking up win after win in classes from pro to c class.....not sure where the hate is coming from but maybe check the results
about damn time someone agrees...

RaptorRacer45
06-07-2008, 08:20 AM
i for 1 dont think they should touch it....especally change the Frame, The YFZ easly has 1 if not the strongest 450 frame out there, ive never seen a broken YFZ frame due to excessive riding.....stick with the saying, "if it aint broke dont fix it!"

ALAMX37
06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Yamaha may have sucess in XC but they are by far the donkey's *** on a MX track.
Heck you see 5 Honda's and Suzuki's to every 1 Yamaha at most nationals.

One_Bad_400
06-07-2008, 09:12 AM
sense the 450r's and zuki's took over i've only seen one yamaha dominate.. that is a kid name is Kendall Webb in both Pro-Am classes in the EDTN series.. he won both A classes last year and lookin fo 2 wins in the Pro-Am classes this year.. only yami i ever seen rock like a honda

Warnerade
06-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
all i can say is that im told there is more to come, i will be disappointed if this is it, but cant see being told something different if it wasnt due out. the new models for the sport line arent due for release until later in 09

also wouldnt be the 1st time they dropped production prior to a release, ive actually seen a model that was ready but never went into production...yet

btw, yamaha has been racking up win after win in classes from pro to c class.....not sure where the hate is coming from but maybe check the results my hate on yamaha comes from owning one...

reptikes
06-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
I love how everyone brings up EFI. Really EFI doesn't make a quad or engine better as a tuned carb will deliver the same performance on fuel delivery.

Jay

Thank you. EFI doesn't mean more power, doesn't mean anything except that i can't work on it!

jcv400ex
06-08-2008, 08:31 AM
And people say the Cannondales where expensive!!!! What makes that worth $7,299!?!??!?!

elementryder
06-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
i for 1 dont think they should touch it....especally change the Frame, The YFZ easly has 1 if not the strongest 450 frame out there, ive never seen a broken YFZ frame due to excessive riding.....stick with the saying, "if it aint broke dont fix it!"

the sub frame and desing of it is the worst p.o.s ive eever seen the break all the time

and the geometry is horrible on them why wouldent they change the frame the yammi that dose good is bill ballance

honda350r
06-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
Thank you. EFI doesn't mean more power, doesn't mean anything except that i can't work on it!

Now there is a man with his head on his shoulders !

Trust me you don't want EFI! It is just a bunch of costly parts that add weight!

I would rather have a carb and re jet it for under 60.00,than buy a computer for over 300.00!

Get real people EFI sucks ***** !

06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
people saying oh Yamaha is out in front or always winning because its a better machine. You have to look who is riding them though. A lot of riders change brands for better deals. Bill Ballance was good on a 250r and he is good on a YFZ. Carmichael was good on a Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki... its mostly the rider not the vehicle.

Warnerade
06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by honda350r

Trust me you don't want EFI! It is just a bunch of costly parts that add weight!

I would rather have a carb and re jet it for under 60.00,than buy a computer for over 300.00!

Get real people EFI sucks ***** ! i would take my EFI over a carb any day of the week...

its preference along with the machine, maybe you shouldnt talk about who has a head on their shoulder until you find one for yourself.

250r rider 88
06-08-2008, 02:14 PM
well when either the honda or yamaha come out with efi i would like to see someone take a stock one with a carb and stock with efi and do a 3 stage build with dyno runs and see which makes the most power. computers go a long way when you know how to use them for creating custom engine curves

the added wieght compared to the added power and throttle crispness is worth the extra wieght which is like what less than 10 pounds probally?

my money would be on the quad with the EFI any day of the week :macho

elementryder
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i would take my EFI over a carb any day of the week...

its preference along with the machine, maybe you shouldnt talk about who has a head on their shoulder until you find one for yourself.

idk if you ever heard of gody gibson,devin heims,chris bowen or matt bremmer but look and see what is on there sukisand youll be suprised

Warnerade
06-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
idk if you ever heard of gody gibson,devin heims,chris bowen or matt bremmer but look and see what is on there sukisand youll be suprised why in the hell would I be suprised by looking at their bikes...do they have chrome valve stems?

LTR450_#67
06-12-2008, 02:04 AM
No they have carbs on them. for easier tuning and to cut weight. I hear they really rip, but aren't as beneficial some thought. The factory team has the EFI setup still, but they are tuned better than anybody else's.

Warnerade
06-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
No they have carbs on them. noooo....your kidding, right?

Quad18star
06-12-2008, 06:16 AM
There should be a late release from Yamaha later in the summer so that you can see what you will be able to buy in mid '09.

JBENSON
06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Why would anybody want efi? For cross country riders a carb is the best way to go! A carb. quad will start quicker than any efi quad out there hands down. Example: what quads in the pro class are always getting the holeshot: yamaha,honda & ktm (all 3 are carb.) Just my 2 cents! :rolleyes:

Warnerade
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
so is that why a bone stock LT-R pulled 2 holeshots on harold goodman at redbud a few weekends ago?

elementryder
06-12-2008, 10:36 AM
noooo....your kidding, right?

noo dead serioius

Warnerade
06-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by elementryder
noo dead serioius amazing.

billdogg
06-12-2008, 11:14 AM
so is that why a bone stock LT-R pulled 2 holeshots on harold goodman at redbud a few weekends ago?

XC races are dead engine starts.....

elementryder
06-12-2008, 11:26 AM

:rolleyes:

250r4life
06-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
about damn time someone agrees...

in other words- its about time somebody who isnt a teenager posts something...

250r4life
06-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by honda350r

Get real people EFI sucks ***** !

thats what i've been screaming...

i really hope that Yamaha doesnt put EFI on the YFZ...