PDA

View Full Version : 250r motor needs help

bonds0033
06-06-2008, 03:45 AM
i have a suzuki 250r and it needs atleast a rebuild and to be resleeved w/ some port work that needs to be matched ... and i may have a spun bearing in the bottom end ... so its pretty messed up ..... looking for some ideas on what i should do with it without losing my reliability ...... and also i just moved to south central new mexico so if anyone knows someone that could do the work it would be appreciated

brokenmike
06-06-2008, 09:10 AM
What year is it? What do you mean it has a spun bearing? they all have roller bearings in the bottom end.

bonds0033
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
it is a 1990 ...... well from the looks of things something made its way from the bottom end to on top of the piston ..... there is some marking on the sleeve as well as a small piece of something that was sittin on top of the piston ..... i dont want to split the bottom end myself so im not exactly sure of what it is

brokenmike
06-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Ok, you can get that bike to make pretty decent power. that peice sounds a little iffy. did the rings break? do you know how to check for a bad lower rod bearing?

bonds0033
06-06-2008, 11:48 PM
i dont think that the rings broke and i dont really want to get to far into the engine i would rather find someone that really knows what they are doing and have them do it (if i can ever find someone to do it) ....... this motor was bored .80 over and was relatively reliable but i wanna know what kind of motor ideas i should do with it.