PDA

View Full Version : CT Raceing

LONG-ROD
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Well I am 28 years old and have been reading about CT raceing since I was a kid, clear back when 3&4 wheel action was around and a ct 370 kit was the hot ticket and always thought of them as the best. So I obviously used them when building my motor for my R. I started off by purchaseing a 310 kit. After 2 weeks and nothing I called and they had no idea what I was talking about but ran my credit card the 2 weeks prior. Wow what a let down, but I understand these things sometimes happen. I then ordered my O ring gasket set and was told it would be here by last Friday and still nothing. I call them and miss Roxanne gives me the run around and trys in every way to be-little my 20 years of knowledge. So eveything you guys have tought me she says is bull sh*t. I will say Allen is great very helpfull. I am also building another motor but have choosen to use LKauren at DRI Wow what a great company, they actually understand that they are not the only people who know somthing about two stroke engins, Kudos to DRI. I am sorry to talk smack on CT, C- Leigh you are great thanks for every thing. Allen your great to thanks for everything, Miss Roxanne:confused: you neeed to realize that although you know a little about motors your sh*t still stinks, and give someone a chance to speak when your on the phone with them, It makes troble shooting easier.

All250R
06-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Who cares if you're talking sh*t, CT? Are you kidding?? You're a customer and the U.S. is a capitalist economy. There are no sacred cows except for cash. Magazines and receptionists are for advertising. SAE papers and text books are for knowledge. Ditch the dirt wheels mentality. There's nothing very valuable there. Customers are what makes any business go around and companies have paid LOTS in marketing to get get their attention including CT. At the risk of sounding biased, owner operated builders are more consistent and word of mouth is worth more than a magazine ad, imo.

gandgracing
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I also thought I would go with CT, but after talking with Allen you would of thought I was the biggest dumb***** around. He doesn't let you get in a word and what ever you got its not right. Must be one of those high roller type. Did they make a 370 for the R or just the banshee??

morse250r
06-06-2008, 06:47 AM
i have been dealing with them for years now roxxann is a ***** thinks she knows it all i usually ask to speak to allen hes great at what he does he shares good info but it is hard to get questions out, never had any real problems with em just her customer service

C-LEIGH RACING
06-06-2008, 03:52 PM
:eek: :D :D :D Yeah, I'll have to agree they dont have the best customer relations, but once you understand them, how each of them act & what ever they feed you over the phone & feed it back to them it gets easier.

Took me awhile as well to start with, but we all get along fine, & right now I would rather deal with miss Roxxann than Allen.

I will say this for CT, Allen replaced a 250R engine that I had installed a 410 cylinder on & then it blew up because the piston had been cut on at their shop by someone & thats something you hardly ever hear of from any company.

I dont ask for anything when I call, just tell them what I'm wanting & to get up & go get it shipped.
Have been known to get a cylinder kit when nobody else could.
Oh, the 370s not the biggest, they have a 410 stroker & I can tell you, its mean.
Neil

redred55
06-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I have to agree-Miss Roxanne is a little abrasive on the phone. Don't ask a question she thinks is stupid. She will make you feel an inch tall! Allen has always been great to deal with and my CT350pv runs like you wouldn't believe!

Fear250r
06-07-2008, 07:52 AM
I was also a little disappointed in CT. Neil and I just dealt with them, not sending a piston with the cylinder, then there was no spacer plate. They also took 2 weeks longer to ship out my cylinder than they were supposed to. Needless to say, I wasn't all that impressed whenever I talked to them on the phone.

LONG-ROD
06-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Wow still no head gasket, Miss Roxxan told me if I wanted quicker I should go to a dealership and get a yz 250 gasket. what the hell they told me, I repeat they told me it would be here a week ago, there lucky I live in the mid west or I would Bit** slam that ho. And would be happy spending the money to bail my self out of jail. F that place, I am sorry I ever said anything good about them, My life goal is now to turn every person I can away from those A** holes. I am done now!!

mxduner
06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
I got screwed by ct as well. it took about 4 months to get a 440 kit done, and when i got it, it ended up being a 425 kit. never again will i get anything done by them.