PDA

View Full Version : 400EX shock linkage on 250R

dtek01
06-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I am thinking about trying it out as it seems the new quads run a linkage and this would save money not going no-link.

Do you think there would be any benefits has anyone even tried?

My stock linkage is a little worn so nothing to lose on this end.

Thanks!!

LONG-ROD
06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
The mount on the frame is diffrent and the bone is diffrent length and will not mount to the swinger, I tried to but a 400 swinger on my 87 and would not worck:(

dtek01
06-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I did know about the frame. I was going to do some fabricating or spacers. I did not know about the dogbone length yet or the swingarm.

Is the 400 ex dogbone larger or smaller where it would mount into the swingarm?

LONG-ROD
06-06-2008, 03:38 PM
the hole on the one side of the bone is smaller on the 400 and use a bolt that is smaller on one side, so you end up with 3 diffrent size holes, there is no way to make it work.

Jason Hall
06-06-2008, 06:20 PM
It can be made to work with spacers and bushings for the bolt size difference, and probly won't work as good because the geometry will be different. If the leverage angle of the linkage Is majorly different than the valving needs to be changed In the shock. I would try using the 400EX shock along with the EX linkage. The distance from the frame linkage mounting point to the link mount on the swingarm will probly be different, and the 400 shock might be slightly shorter. It will probly lower your ride height, but might be worth a try to see what happens.

LONG-ROD
06-07-2008, 01:29 PM
It will not work bushing and spacers are not the problem. I have tryed everything, you just can not put a 400 swinger on an R