PDA

View Full Version : Just traded my 400ex for a 04 450r!!!

zdowell
06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Just wanted to say HI. Been riding for a few years now and tooled around with the 400ex because it was cheap. But now that im done with school and actually making some money I thought id upgrade to a 450r.

Couple of questions for you guys.

Looking at getting a full exhaust, Is it worth it? what kind should I get. I was looking at a HMF full exhaust, any good?

What to get some skid plates for the machine and keep it from getting any more ruffed up. What does everyone on here use?

Thanks for any info, can't wait to go out and ride it now!!!

pro-rider46
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
congrats on the new bike, if you go with a exhaust. get a full system DASA, they are dyno proven many of times, and im sure most will agree with me. Also look to buy a CRF cam or a stage 2, and with those mods, you will swear its a different quad.

hondarider101
06-05-2008, 05:33 PM
my stage one cam and my full wb aluminum pro pipe. lol

zdowell
06-05-2008, 05:35 PM
what the price on a DASA? I got it from a friend at a dealer, got it for a great deal. Part of our arangements were I get a pipe at their cost or very close anyways.

hondarider101
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
dasaracing.com

zdowell
06-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I have to talk to my dealer. $499 for a full exhaust isnt bad. If I can get it at cost who knows how cheap it may be. Next on the list is body skids. I already have a few parts to throw on. I have pro armor nerfs, K&N filter with precharger, and some shock covers. Ill trim the lid and jet this thing and ill be ready to blast the trails. Oil and tranny fluids were changed and the bike is ready to go!

Thinking about some graphics to, always wanted to put graphics on but never had the spare money. Been looking at spastics graphics, they look AWESOME!!!

blasterfreak99
06-05-2008, 06:04 PM
congrats! and do you happen to have any pics of your 450r yet? if so id love to see it

TheNewn
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I'd definitely recommend he Dasa, every who has one seems to love it.

Or if you're wanting to save a little money here (for other parts, at least, heh) you could go HMF slip on and still notice a significant difference.

I'd also recommend the CRF cam like another said, 02? is what people are using, also look into the 05 CRF cam.

As for skid plates, you could just get Pro-Armor skids. If you have real rough trails i'd really look into the .250" thick swing arm skid, or if its not that bad you could settle with the .190" swinger skid as well as the frame skid.

Throw up some pictures.

Sjorge450R
06-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by zdowell
I have to talk to my dealer. $499 for a full exhaust isnt bad. If I can get it at cost who knows how cheap it may be. Next on the list is body skids. I already have a few parts to throw on. I have pro armor nerfs, K&N filter with precharger, and some shock covers. Ill trim the lid and jet this thing and ill be ready to blast the trails. Oil and tranny fluids were changed and the bike is ready to go!

Thinking about some graphics to, always wanted to put graphics on but never had the spare money. Been looking at spastics graphics, they
look AWESOME!!!

let me know if you want spastic graphics. I can hook you up with them at cost. When ever I sell to people on this site, i only charge what i pay and then shipping. Email me at Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

06-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
As for skid plates, you could just get Pro-Armor skids. If you have real rough trails i'd really look into the .250" thick swing arm skid, or if its not that bad you could settle with the .190" swinger skid as well as the frame skid.

Throw up some pictures.

Skid plates...PRM makes really good ones. and yeah lets see some pictures!

BlaineKaiser450
06-05-2008, 08:37 PM
for the exhaust DEFINATLY go with dasa

zdowell
06-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey, thanks for the offer on the spastic graphics. Ill hit you up with an email soon. As for the exhaust, I played volleyball with the parts guy I go through and he said more than likely if I want to go with DASA I wont be able to get dealer pricing. HMF full exhaust he can get me at dealer price. Im going to find out though about the DASA it looks like a killer exhaust.

As for skids, I don't do anything to extreme. I ride alot of trails, go to a park 1 or 2 times a month and hit some jumps, and that about it. During college my quad was rode maybe 30 hours that includes going to Little Sahara like 2 weeks ago.

I plan on throwing a bunch of money at it this month and calling it a quits for after market for awhile. Going to try and swing full exhaust, belly skid, swinger skid, bumper and hopefully in a few weeks a durablue 2+4 axle.

Ill post pictures as soon as it get home, has to sit at the dealer till they get the title. :(

TheNewn
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Why are you getting an Axle? and why are you picking durablue?

If you dont have a-arms already, i wouldn't get an axle, and if i did get an axle i'd get PRM or RPM or whatever it is.

zdowell
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
I am new to 450's but im under the impression I cant get wider a a arms unless i get new shocks? I am not interested at the time at spending 1000+ dollars on front suspension but wish I could. Am I wrong thinking I cant change my A arms without getting different shocks?

TheNewn
06-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Yes it is strongly encouraged to get the shocks/a-arms as a package. I wouldn't do one t hen the other myself.

I just wouldn't like the idea of the *** end of the quad being 2-4 inches wider than the front, stock they're already wider than the front.

I'd only get the axle after i got the arms/shocks. If you eventually do.

TheNewn
06-05-2008, 10:15 PM
if you bust your stock axle though, then you might as well buy an after market one like RPM with a life time warranty.