PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 525 Tie Rod Ends? Suggestions?

Pale Rider 270
06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a 2007 Outlaw 525. I have owned it for about 8 months and the outer tierod ends are shot. I have a 1/2 of play in the steering and you can see that the outer ends are moving. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement tierods or tierod ends? I am a little apprehensive to put the stock replacements back on because I am afaid that they will wear out also.

I am really conflicted about this machine. I love to ride it but it seems like I am always fixing something. To make matters worse is the fact that my wife is the one who is usually on it and she does not ride it that hard. I have a TRX 450R and I have NEVER had to take a wrench to it for anything other than general maintenance. This Polaris is a great machine but it is no Honda.

Any suggestions for the tierods and ends would be great.

Thanks!

Flynbryan19
06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Pale Rider 270
I have a 2007 Outlaw 525. I have owned it for about 8 months and the outer tierod ends are shot. I have a 1/2 of play in the steering and you can see that the outer ends are moving. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement tierods or tierod ends? I am a little apprehensive to put the stock replacements back on because I am afaid that they will wear out also.

I am really conflicted about this machine. I love to ride it but it seems like I am always fixing something. To make matters worse is the fact that my wife is the one who is usually on it and she does not ride it that hard. I have a TRX 450R and I have NEVER had to take a wrench to it for anything other than general maintenance. This Polaris is a great machine but it is no Honda.

Any suggestions for the tierods and ends would be great.

Thanks!

I faced this exact same delima with my Predator. I was always fixing something that broke, wore out, or was poorly designed. The fact of the matter is that they use poor quality wear items(bushings, bearings, ball joints, etc). I finally gave up the ghost and went and bought my Z400 and have replaced less on it in 2 1/2 years than I did the 1yr that I owned my Predator.

Its just the nature of the machine. You can either keep replacing the cheap parts, or keep upgrading the cheap parts and hope that eventually it stops. Or......you can do like I did and let someone else worry about it. Polaris is MUCH better than they used to be, but I still feel their quality control and attention to detail is way off the japanese company's.

SSJEFF
06-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I think you can upgrade the outside ends but the innners are only available from polaris that I know of.