PDA

View Full Version : Dealer told me not to rejet?

drew3623
06-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I bought a Lexx slip on and I have no other mods at all. I went to the honda dealer in town and they told me that I dont need to rejet that people missunderstand when to rejet. I went ahead and bought a 150 main and a 40 pilot jet. Should I put them in?

I live in St. Louis and its 90 degrees. Elevation is about 500ft. I havent had a chance to look at my plug. It does seem like it does not have a good throttle response.

Thanks and Sorry about another jetting question.

atvhonda-rider
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
150mj and 40p sounds great, throw them in, worst that could happen is you take them out and go back to stock! : )

madmax400ex
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Well you might have gotten a way, without rejetting. But it never hurts. I am running the same main jet, but my pilot is stock, and it runs great. My fuel mixture screw is turned out 3 1/2 turns, just for a little help.

So you finally got a exhaust, i have noticed through the threads that you were having trouble picking one out.
I have heard good thing about the Lexx, plus you can't beat the price.

Lets us know what you think!

any time you increase air flow into or out of the combustion chamber, you need to rejet...by flowing the exhaust gases out faster, you're increasing the air flow into the bike...the added air flow needs more fuel, which is provided by the jets

hondaking52
and thts the reason no takes there atvs to the dealers for aftermarket stuff!!!!, or just in general!, well i would jet it, seens you got the jets anyway, only takes a few mins if ur good with a wrench.

drew3623
06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys. Im going to put the main in now. I was supposed to pick up the pilot today, but my local honda dealer is stupid and they never get things in when the say their going to.