PDA

View Full Version : Buddies graduating and I have no spark!

superyellow7
06-05-2008, 08:48 AM
My friends graduating and we are supose to ride Sat. But I have no spark. I have changed everything. Stator, coil, ICM, even removed the wire harness and tested every wire. Test the ignition switch, fan switch all of it and no spark nothing. I have no clue where to go now. the honda shops have had it and they are clueless around here. I'm about to go dump fuel on her and light a match. Please if there is any ideas out there - bring um on!!!:grr:

06-05-2008, 09:55 AM
have you changed the gas to see if the gas is bad?

sparksmakefire
06-05-2008, 10:19 AM
i know nothing about the 450r yet but have you checked the key switch? and the grounds? and the sparkplug?

fastredrider44
06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Plug might be badly fouled, or maybe your plug wire is shorting out somewhere. Unfortunately, its pretty hard to give you any advice not seeing your bike. Its probably something simple, keep checking.

d3ktrix
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 450r_mayhem
have you changed the gas to see if the gas is bad?

Bad gas won't stop the electronics from working :P
He's saying he has no spark at all, meaning the air and fuel doesn't really matter right now =)

Benjithx
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Crank Trigger???

honda4life72
06-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by superyellow7
My friends graduating and we are supose to ride Sat. But I have no spark. I have changed everything. Stator, coil, ICM, even removed the wire harness and tested every wire. Test the ignition switch, fan switch all of it and no spark nothing. I have no clue where to go now. the honda shops have had it and they are clueless around here. I'm about to go dump fuel on her and light a match. Please if there is any ideas out there - bring um on!!!:grr: if u decide to burn it down lmk and we can burn my down also. have a bike 450r bombfire

chillinsk8err
06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
how did u check for spark? see if u did it the right way.

ricksmx865
06-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by chillinsk8err
how did u check for spark? see if u did it the right way.

you put your tonge on that s.o.b and have one of you buddies kick it over right?!

in all seriousness i agree it has to be something thats just been overlooked, keep trying tho and good luck :macho

Flyin-Low
06-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Make sure it has nothing to do with the killswitch also.

Sounds like you've checked pretty much everything?

Flyin-Low
06-07-2008, 08:17 PM
You might also want to make sure it's not the Throttle Position Sensor tripping out the spark?

awb03
06-08-2008, 07:05 AM
My buddy just got a new quad and road it for about a week then it just shut off on him. We tried everything and couldnt get a spark anywhere, took it into the local shop only to find out that the plug cap had too much plastic so it wasnt connecting to the plug right. I would have never thought of it but maybe try a new plug cap