PDA

View Full Version : 50cc to 70cc Kit

MXfun
06-05-2008, 04:51 AM
I am contemplating whether to get another 50cc A/C and buy the conversion kit to make it a 70 later. Should I get the kit now, how much is it (retail), tough to install, etc.?

Anyone have details on what is included in the kit?

Due to the new price increase of the 70's and apparent short supply, I am investigating this option. I may be able to get a decent deal on a new 07 50cc, and that is all I really want for now, but it would be nice to know a 70cc could be had for a reasonable cost.

Thanks for any input.

Nichols Atvs
06-05-2008, 06:24 AM
199 to 500. Consists of an new cyl, piston ,rings and gaskets. all depends on what you need for a cylinder as to cost

bulldogfallon
06-05-2008, 07:05 AM
The width and length of quad should also be considered as most 50s come this way.

One of the reasons we ordered our 50s at the same set up as the 70s and 90s. Easy upgrade....You are not forced to buy a new unit.

If convert you AC50 to AC70 then $200 for parts should cover it.

The pipes are the same so that is not an issue.

The popular 70cc kits seems to be liquid cooled at this point, but the AC units can be made to do the same.

You may want to see what frame that 50 has....there is an early 07 model that has a-arm set up that is an not what is currently available....

If you wanted to go from a 41" set up to 44" setup when converting then the cost would substantially higher post purchases.

So the higher initial purchase price is really a big savings in the long run.

Good luck with your decision

bulldogfallon
06-05-2008, 07:11 AM
You have a PM