PDA

View Full Version : Is Banshee still King of the Hill?

ATV Macho Man
06-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I've had my Banshee for a few years, but the competition on the sand is getting though with bigger sport ATVs coming out all the time (Raptor 700).

Is the Banshee still the King of The Hill on the dunes?

Hondamaster5505
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Helllll Yeahhh!

The four-strokes dont have near the top-end of the banshee, which is what makes it great in the dunes.

250r4life
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
nope... its glory days are over...

i can take a YFZ and remove the baffle, take off the lid, rejet, and retard the cam, and it is going to take a banshee with a lot of work to keep up...

so bascically for no money whatsoever into the yfz, its gunna take pipe, filters, and some good aggressive porting to keep up... and im not sure with even that- you may have to do a little more...

and the yfz will still be under warranty, still handle better, still have better suspension, and still use less fuel...

Dinner
06-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life

i can take a YFZ and remove the baffle, take off the lid, rejet, and retard the cam, and it is going to take a banshee with a lot of work to keep up...

so bascically for no money whatsoever into the yfz, its gunna take pipe, filters, and some good aggressive porting to keep up... and im not sure with even that- you may have to do a little more...

and the yfz will still be under warranty, still handle better, still have better suspension, and still use less fuel...

So let me get this straight, removing the baffle, stock filter W/O lid, rejet, and retarding the cam is going to out run a Banshee with "a lot of work" done to it as you describe it. What sort of work are we talking about here?

And as far as warranty goes. Usually once you change anything in regards to the engine, intake, exhaust systems and track. The store/company will usually cancel all warranties, or at least try to cancel them.

And sorry, but most guys running Banshee's don't really care about fuel mileage.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Dinner
So let me get this straight, removing the baffle, stock filter W/O lid, rejet, and retarding the cam is going to out run a Banshee with "a lot of work" done to it as you describe it. What sort of work are we talking about here?

And as far as warranty goes. Usually once you change anything in regards to the engine, intake, exhaust systems and track. The store/company will usually cancel all warranties, or at least try to cancel them.

And sorry, but most guys running Banshee's don't really care about fuel mileage.

i guess that all depends on what you consider a lot of work... lets put it this way- it will need engine work... pipes, filters, jetting, advance timing, lightened flywheel... etc... that wont cut it... youre going to need to get into the engine... and all this to compete with a bike that you put no money in at all...

in reference to warranties and voiding them... well, yes and no... if youre not too bright and take it in with all that stuff done, then you risk having them reject... however, my buddy and i have almost the exact same setups as each other (in the sig), and we both just had over $1000 each of warranty work done on our bikes... it doesnt take long to switch out the exhaust, advance the timing, throw the stock jets back in, and put the lid back on... and then you have a stock bike that is perfectly warrantable...

is that to say they wouldnt have warrantied the work anyhow... who knows... but for what the work was gunna cost, i wasnt gunna risk it...

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I am calling bull****!

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
banshee's never were king off the hill.. they were to people that dont have a clue what there talking about.. and they never will be king of the hill..

250r4life
06-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dustin075
I am calling bull****!

you can call whatever you want... it still doesnt change the facts...

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I ride with a few boys that have yfz and the shee will take them. The raptor 700 is the one that is a bad ***.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 12:39 PM
i ride with nearly 10 raptor 700s... mod for mod the YFZ is faster...

here i am against a couple of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEb3d29uWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFgDb-RB6Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOcpFAtBt8k

250r4life
06-06-2008, 12:44 PM
if you'll notice in each of the videos, its the bike pulling away... it wasnt through the whoops where i pulled away, it was after...

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 01:27 PM

LOL

A piped banshee, will basically outrun any piped yfz450 like theres no tomorow.

The banshee's are a lot cheaper, and with some basic mods like pipes and a milled head, will give most ported piped 450's a run for their money, and beat them.

A ported banshee, forget about it. The 450's don't really stand a chance.

Banshee $2000
Pipes $300
Milled head $50
Porting $300

Total: $2650

YFZ450 $4000
pipe $300
porting $300
milled head $50

Total: $4650

hmm, half the price and will still smoke the 450 up the dune hills:ermm:

Until they come out with a streetbike-type engine that revs to 14,000, the banshee will remain king of the hill.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by hondarider101
banshee's never were king off the hill.. they were to people that dont have a clue what there talking about.. and they never will be king of the hill..

You must not have a clue what your talking about. This is the second idiotic post ive seen from you.

If they aren't king of the hill, tell me why out where the huge dune hills are, that 90's banshee's sell for as mush as the 450's? Its obvious that people know they are the king.

From your posts, this is what I make of you:

A) You pull your facts out of your *ss and don't know what your talking about.

B) You ride a 50

C) You've never ridden a banshee

250r4life
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
LOL

A piped banshee, will basically outrun any piped yfz450 like theres no tomorow.

The banshee's are a lot cheaper, and with some basic mods like pipes and a milled head, will give most ported piped 450's a run for their money, and beat them.

A ported banshee, forget about it. The 450's don't really stand a chance.

Banshee $2000
Pipes $300
Milled head $50
Porting $300

Total: $2650

YFZ450 $4000
pipe $300
porting $300
milled head $50

Total: $4650

hmm, half the price and will still smoke the 450 up the dune hills:ermm:

Until they come out with a streetbike-type engine that revs to 14,000, the banshee will remain king of the hill.

you really may be one of the dumbest people i have ever come across... i dont even know where to start with you... youre a lost cause, so i wont waste my time...

250r4life
06-06-2008, 01:45 PM
You must not have a clue what your talking about. This is the second idiotic post ive seen from you.

If they aren't king of the hill, tell me why out where the huge dune hills are, that 90's banshee's sell for as mush as the 450's? Its obvious that people know they are the king.

B) You ride a 50

the irony of this post... especially "A)" :devil:

you seriously must be retarded... in your previous post you say that the banshee costs half as much as the yfz, and now they cost the same? you are ignorant.... plane and simple...

in all seriousness and sincerity you are just dumb... stupid...

you ruin these forums...

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 01:47 PM
you really may be one of the dumbest people i have ever come across... i dont even know where to start with you... youre a lost cause, so i wont waste my time...

No, I just know my stuff.

No doubt, the 450's are fast. I was actually surprised when I jumped on one.

But the banshee still has more power piped, and has the top-end to pull the dunes.

Stock for stock, the 450 will smoke the banshee. The stock shee pipes are so restrictive.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 01:49 PM
the irony of this post... especially "A)" :devil:

you seriously must be retarded... in your previous post you say that the banshee costs half as much as the yfz, and now they cost the same? you are ignorant.... plane and simple...

in all seriousness and sincerity you are just dumb... stupid...

you ruin these forums...

The banshee's cost more out west, i was refering to up here. You can get a nice shee for around 2000.

Your the dumb one, I mean your banshee mustve been tuned horribly or something, for you to talk so much trash about them.

Im just stating facts and real-world examples as I see them

250r4life
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Hondamaster.... YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Hondamaster.... YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

You know nothing.

Im done fighting, it goes nowhere. go race a banshee with your 450 up a hill, thats the only way for you to see for yourself whats better on hills. if your yfz wins, thats great! ill keep my banshee and be happy..

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Hondamaster is right the shee is the king without a doubt. 250r you dont know nothing. You used to own a banshee and you didnt even know what was done to it.

Honda_Matt
06-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I own a yfz and im gonna have to agree with the banshee guys, as much as id like to say that yfz's are faster than banshee's its just not true.

Ive got a full pipe, rejetted carb and K&N Filter w. lid and my buddies banshee with pipes and no airbox, just k&N filters and jetted carbs is a hell of alot faster.

Racing side by side it's decently close off the line, but top end kicks in and the banshee just dissapears.

I like 2 strokes just as much as 4 strokes, and I dont think im biased at all... it's just from what Ive seen.

Alot depends on the rider too im sure.

250R4life, maybe your 2 stroke friends are just horrible riders....

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Honda_Matt
I own a yfz and im gonna have to agree with the banshee guys, as much as id like to say that yfz's are faster than banshee's its just not true.

Ive got a full pipe, rejetted carb and K&N Filter w. lid and my buddies banshee with pipes and no airbox, just k&N filters and jetted carbs is a hell of alot faster.

Racing side by side it's decently close off the line, but top end kicks in and the banshee just dissapears.

I like 2 strokes just as much as 4 strokes, and I dont think im biased at all... it's just from what Ive seen.

Alot depends on the rider too im sure.

250R4life, maybe your 2 stroke friends are just horrible riders....

Thanks for fessin up:cool:

I myself think the 450's are neat. If I had a chance to sell the 400 and afford a 450 too, id love it. That way I have the 2-stroke and 4-stroke. Although the banshee's quicker, I would use the 4 for local trails and such.

Its some of the riders I hate (which your not one of) that think that the 450's are the only good quads out and everything else sucks. They think its the best because they ride it.

Im really happy you were honest about that though, not very often someone thats owns a 450 says that.

Honda_Matt
06-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I own 3 450's, and have owned quite a few 2 strokes in the past as well.

whether its a sport quad, 2 or 4 stroke, or 4x4, they are all fun and that's all that matters.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 03:21 PM
im surrounded by morons... :eek2:

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
250r you dont even have a banshee, so in my opinion you should not even post in a banshee forum let alone call people names. You live a little to far from me but i will run my shee with your yfz any day if you lived closer.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 04:33 PM
nope... i dont have a banshee... but what does that have to do with anything...

im sitting 15 yards away from two of them, of which i ride and do the work on them, and when i had mine, there were 2 other banshees in my garage sitting right next to it...

regardless of what you may think, i dont go popping off about things i know nothing about...

ps... i'd make you look silly...

Honda_Matt
06-06-2008, 04:36 PM
im surrounded by morons... :eek2:

That's not a very nice thing to say about your family.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 04:38 PM

this coming from a guy who cant set up his YFZ to beat stock banshees...

more than likely lack of riding skills combined with lack of tuning skills is your problem...

like i say... "you cant buy skills..."

06-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow this is a cool thread we got a bunch of drag racers. You know drag racing is the most fun in the world.:rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 05:55 PM
this coming from a guy who cant set up his YFZ to beat stock banshees...

more than likely lack of riding skills combined with lack of tuning skills is your problem...

like i say... "you cant buy skills..."

your an idiot, he never said a stock shee. Of course his YFZ can run a stock shee. A stock 450 can run a stock shee.

The banshee's had pipes and no airbox, and that will make it eat the 450 alive.

If you lived closer, id love to run your 450 too. with my dads shee though, mines being rebuilt.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 05:55 PM

LMFAO:p

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 06:24 PM
hondamaster.. " i just know my fatcs" if u think a shee thats as u say " piped" can beat a 450r ure insane..

Call me insane then.

I guess drag racing multiple 450's with both of us being even riders and me winning is just coincidence?

450's are potent, and still a ton of fun, but a piped banshee will run a piped 450.

And id like to see you make 125hp from a 450 while still retaining some reliability. There are proven kits for banshee's out there, 675 cheetah cubs and such.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 06:29 PM
you drag race at riding places where i would guess at most there are a couple hundred people there to race against...

i drag race where there are a couple hundred thousand people to race against...

your heats are probably 3 or 4 bikes... i get in heats that are 15-20 bikes...

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
its all torque who cares about hp.. and gemme a dyno chart of this 125 hp banshee

look it up on google. Also ads in dirtwheels, its in there sometimes.

Theres also the K&T tripple banshee engines, basically a banshee with 3 cylinders, running 225hp.

Look them up on google buddy:)

And banshee's actually have a lot of torque, when they hit powerband. A common mistake people say. This is also like most 2-strokes.

250r4life
06-06-2008, 06:33 PM
why am i not surprised that im sitting here arguing with a 15 year old...

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 06:33 PM
no since you know ure facts post up a dyno of ure dads so called great banshee was wa sdropped off at yamaha and told to make er run.. lets see that dyno.. ibet half the pople on this site would say ure a complete idiot.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 06:34 PM
you drag race at riding places where i would guess at most there are a couple hundred people there to race against...

i drag race where there are a couple hundred thousand people to race against...

your heats are probably 3 or 4 bikes... i get in heats that are 15-20 bikes...

Actually, just a couple of friends, so I know their riding skills.

Our group has a bunch of unique quads though. 450's, ds650, 250r three-wheeler, 4x4's, other banshee's, etc.

We made one video, but my dad didn't get the whole thing, only the very start.

Next time we go to ashland, theres a nice little strip to drag on. Ill get a vid of me racing the yfz, and maybe the ds650.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 06:40 PM
no since you know ure facts post up a dyno of ure dads so called great banshee was wa sdropped off at yamaha and told to make er run.. lets see that dyno.. ibet half the pople on this site would say ure a complete idiot.

Its somewhere. the original owner had it, and I dont know what he did with it,

It was dyno'd at 52hp.

And I believe it, its faster than my friends banshee's with the same mods, and until we tore it down we actually thought it was ported.

And the ds650 is nothing special, but they ride nice:D

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 06:44 PM
dude 125 hp is a harley...

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 06:44 PM
dude 125 hp is a harley...

06-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Ahh god who cares about this quit arguing why dont you just drive to the kids house and race him or something you are getting no where arguing and by the way hope you guys don't have too much fun drag racing!:chinese:

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 06:52 PM
thanks.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
Ahh god who cares about this quit arguing why dont you just drive to the kids house and race him or something you are getting no where arguing and by the way hope you guys don't have too much fun drag racing!:chinese:

Well, ill agree to stop arguing if they stop coming into the banshee section just to make trouble.

Enough arguing all of us.

By the way, Hondarider101,

The next time your up by NEPA, drop me a pm. I seriously would like to drag race you. all kidding and arguing aside.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 06:57 PM
hahah thats funny.....

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 07:10 PM
You all may think you are fast but there is always someone faster.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:12 PM
hahah thats funny.....

You think im kidding?

Im all serious. It sounds as if your getting scared or having second thoughts because I might actually beat you.

If you think your all big and tough, be a man and tell me if you ever are up here for any reason. We'll even film it for everyone on the forums.

Im sick of this BS and want to prove something for once, and shut some people up.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:13 PM
You all may think you are fast but there is always someone faster.

I seriously dont think he ever rode a banshee and knows their potential. Im all about racing, and even if I do loose, which I highly doubt, ill still man up and post the vid.

Thats if this chicken crap ever even comes up this way.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:16 PM
u higly doubt that u will lose ok 1st u need to lose about 75 lbs then gop to a ghood riding school and learn how to ride and not talk..

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:21 PM
ok were is nepa? id be more than happy to come over there.......

North East Pennsylvania you idiot.

non modded stock? Its not non modded stock.

Go to a school and learn how to ride not talk? Im the one thats wants to race you. Your the one talkin. And the fact you just posted like 3 times in a row is showing me your getting worried or something

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Hondarider you need to go back to school and learn how to spell.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:24 PM
mods
04 450r
cp 12:1 piston
port work
sparks full pipe
hotcam stage 2
fcr carb
full st front end
tt tires and wheels
swaybar
nerfs

ok so hats that banshee got?

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
If you were referring to me about not riding or owning a banshee, I do own and ride a banshee. If you would like picture of any sort of my shee i will be happy to post them.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:32 PM
mods
04 450r
port work
sparks full pipe
hotcam stage 2
fcr carb
full st front end
tt tires and wheels
swaybar
nerfs

ok so hats that banshee got?

Full pipes
milled head
shaved flywheel
boost bottle
tuned spot on.

Bring it on. and tt tires wont do you no good on dirt

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:32 PM
o, and might have ported cylinders pretty soon.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:33 PM
tt is on dirt u idiot.. tt flatrack

oh and its bored to a 502.

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Hondamaster the banshee will win.
Edit: Get rid of the boost bottle they are crap. They are nothing but trouble.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:37 PM
tt is on dirt u idiot.. tt flatrack

oh and its bored to a 502.

I know that, but it doesnt hook up well on regualr riding conditions you idiot.

And if your trying to scare me, its not working:rolleyes:

502 my @ss, ill still race you. Im not scared, and willing to admit if I do lose.

And if you won with all of that, you wouldnt have any pride, because the banshee is only mildly modded.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:40 PM
hooks up fine in my dirt yard.. mhh i think u have a prob.. u dont know ure facts see ,now u know u will lose.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Hondamaster the banshee will win.
Edit: Get rid of the boost bottle they are crap. They are nothing but trouble.

I know I know, but it hasnt given us problems yet so until it does theres no point in taking it off. It was on the bike when we bought it.

And thanks for the support. You can come too, so two banshee's can leave dust in his face:devil:

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM

B) You ride a 50

yea i ride a hevily modded 450r..built by sparks

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:44 PM
hooks up fine in my dirt yard.. mhh i think u have a prob.. u dont know ure facts see ,now u know u will lose.

No, because your making stuff up as you go. Im still all game for racing and kickin your butt.

We'll see how this "502:rolleyes:" does in a race. Just let me know when your up this way, no big deal.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:45 PM
yea i ride a hevily modded 450r..built by sparks

keep talkin. Until I race you and put you in your place, all I hear is bullcrap.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
ok no prob i jsut come up taht way and show all yall who is reallyking of the big hill.

nah its all true.
mods
04 450r
port work
sparks full pipe
hotcam stage 2
fcr carb
full st front end
tt tires and wheels
swaybar
nerfs
built by sparks
bored to a 502

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:48 PM
keep talkin. Until I race you and put you in your place, all I hear is bullcrap.

its cool i know ure scared

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:52 PM
ok no prob i jsut come up taht way and show all yall who is reallyking of the big hill.

nah its all true.
mods
04 450r
port work
sparks full pipe
hotcam stage 2
fcr carb
full st front end
tt tires and wheels
swaybar
nerfs
built by sparks

What happened to the 502 loser? You dont scare me at all.

Instead of talkin crap come and race. Until then, you can go cuddle with your boyfriend on the couch and maybe go ride your 50.

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Should have went with the web cam, hear they make a little more power then the hot cam. Is she stroked or just the big bore kit?

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:53 PM
what makes u think all this anyway? no one on here likes u.... besides ure lil friends.. who told u all this crap about how ure stock banshee can beat a 450??

I dont think, I know. Personal experience.

And where do you keep getting stock from. I never anywhere said stock banshee. Oh, and it has pro-lite wiesco pistons.

And according to this thread, most people dont like you.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 07:54 PM
yea w/e dude im stoping this befor one of us gets banned.ok.?

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Let me guess, you have boysen reeds on your 450 too:rolleyes:

You can't get a 502 from just a piston moron, and you didn't post anything about a crank.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:56 PM
yea w/e dude im stoping this befor one of us gets banned.ok.?

fine, but remember my offer to race because im holding true on that.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 07:59 PM
what am i gonna do sit here and post every lil mod wiat i forgot to add alen head bolts all the way aroubng.

w/e dude u go eat a twinkie and huddle up w/ ure lil bear and cry.. cuz i have murdered many basshees and ure next on the list.

A crank isn't a "lil mod" Its a ket part of the engine. You add it has TT tires, but dont list a stroker crank? Wtf?

Your the next 450 on my list, dont worry. like I said, im gonna stop now, just keep my offer in mind.

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 08:02 PM
If either of you are ever in my area look me up. Always looking for someone new to ride with. Maybe even a race or two.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM
If either of you are ever in my area look me up. Always looking for someone new to ride with. Maybe even a race or two.

sure will. You gotta try ashland, such an awesome place if your ever up this way.

Hondarider: Tried pm'ing you but your box is full.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 08:05 PM
hondarider,

Lets just f'ing stop this. It's getting us nowhere and making us both look like arses.

I call a truce. Ill stop arguing with you, as long as you stop going in the banshee thread to post useless crap like:

"banshee's never were king off the hill.. they were to people that dont have a clue what there talking about.. and they never will be king of the hill.."

This is done and over with. Im all serious about a race if your ever up here though.

Enough fighting or we'll both get banned.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
its cool ok its clean now.

Dustin075
06-06-2008, 08:10 PM
My pm box is now empty. Where you guys located? I do a few trips to the silver lake dunes every year if you guys are ever out that way. I ways look for new places to ride for the weekend and like to do road trips some where new.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 08:12 PM
im in nc..

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 08:17 PM
i pm'ed you dustin about a carb.

Hondamaster5505
06-06-2008, 08:18 PM
My pm box is now empty. Where you guys located? I do a few trips to the silver lake dunes every year if you guys are ever out that way. I ways look for new places to ride for the weekend and like to do road trips some where new.

Im in NEPA

Couple neat places locally, but most of the awesome places are in central PA.

Im probably going to quadfest too, not sure though. Might go to WV instead.

hondarider101
06-06-2008, 08:21 PM
replie to my pm^^^^

Dinner
06-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Wow that topic went no where,lol.

Yes obviously 4 strokes are getting quicker and quicker, but this whole "fairly stock YFZ or 450R beating a fairly stock Banshee" thing is stupid. Instead of talking and arguing about which is faster in a drag race..whether on pavement, dirt, sand, hill climbing, whatever. Go out and actually race them.

Don't get me wrong, there are some VERY good running 4 stroke sand hill shooter bikes out there, and there are also very good 2 stroke ones as well.

HondaMaster, you talk about HP ratings. Not here to bash you at all, but unless the bike has the traction, that HP means nothing. There is a fellow that ran a 183HP on the dyno with his Cheetah set up. Obviously there are more mods than that done to it, but still. As long as he gets good hook up, that is where the HP will shine.

A friend of mine has a YFZ all done up, bought it from a guy that had it built in the states. And I got to say, that thing hauls for a 4 stroke, fun as heck too. He also has a 265r PV three wheeler that he races, that thing also has good get up and go. Once I get my jets in from the states, and get her all dialed in. My friend and I will race his YFZ with my Banshee just for the heck of it..300ft dirt probably. Maybe if this post is still alive by then, I will let ya know how the results turn out.

And as far as money wise and building up a 4 stroke vs a 2 stroke. Each have their own cheap mods that add good power, but a 2 stroke will generally be cheaper (obviously depending on how far you go with mods)

Hondamaster5505
06-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Dinner
HondaMaster, you talk about HP ratings. Not here to bash you at all, but unless the bike has the traction, that HP means nothing. There is a fellow that ran a 183HP on the dyno with his Cheetah set up. Obviously there are more mods than that done to it, but still. As long as he gets good hook up, that is where the HP will shine.

Oh, I know that. I do talk a lot of numbers, but I go by real life situations most of the time, with the numbers to back it up. I love to race my friends for fun.
Since I ride my 400ex for now, my dad lets me race his banshee against people. It's all in fun for the most part, plus I always end up winning.:devil:

But as far as the 4-strokes go, your completely right. They have come a long way, and when done right are fun bikes, no doubt. I just believe mod for mod and price for price the banshee is better because you can get the same or more power for cheaper.

The one I raced, had:

Full HMF exhaust
Cam mod
EHS Airbox lid
K&N filter

And a few other things, can't remember off hand. We never got into the higher gears, but from 1st through 3rd I was pulling him.

But when I got a chance to actually ride that thing, I was real surprised. It was my first experience on a 450. Ill admit, it did feel really quick and fun.

So basically, both are such good bikes, its a matter of whether you like 2-strokes or 4-strokes better, really. I mean, front shocks and offset rims make the banshee handle a little better too.

Its all in good fun.

honda4life72
06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
HONDAMASTER YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FREAKIN IDIOT ON THIS SITE.

your some 300 pound kid with no life who does nothing but post stupid crap on this site all day. you make the fourms look bad, you make yourself look even worse. who cares abotu your freakin banshee u think your the crap becasue u have a banshee and race up tiny @@@ hills all day. every kid who is 15 wants and banshee or has one becasue there sooooooo fast. if u knew anything , that would be that racing up a freakin hill proves nothing as far as rider skill goes.

06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72

your some 300 pound kid with no life who does nothing but post stupid crap on this site all day. you make the fourms look bad, you make yourself look even worse. who cares abotu your freakin banshee u think your the crap becasue u have a banshee and race up tiny @@@ hills all day. every kid who is 15 wants and banshee or has one becasue there sooooooo fast. if u knew anything , that would be that racing up a freakin hill proves nothing as far as rider skill goes.

I am with you man what the hell can racing on a drag strip or up a hill have to do with anything? I would kill you any day on a mx track or else you would **** your pants if you saw some of the hills I climb.

Hondamaster5505
06-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72

Of course another idiot has to come and make trouble. We all stop fighting and you come in making our forums look bad.

I don't think im the crap cuz i own a banshee, its just one of my favorite quads. Like I guess the 450r is one of your favorite quads, so wheres the harm in that?

Of course racing up a hill or dragging proves nothing as a rider, but this thread wasn't about riders. Its about engines and why the banshee is or is not still king of the hill.

You think your all cool and a good rider just because you race TT:rolleyes: Please, give me a break.

And the thing is, I know that there are people more skilled then me that would woop my arse, but im willing to admit it. As far as I go, i consider myself to be a decent rider, especially for my age.

So screw off, and stop going into threads when everyone stopped fighting just to make trouble. Really shows you have no life, and have to come in here to prove a point.

Hondamaster5505
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
I am with you man what the hell can racing on a drag strip or up a hill have to do with anything? I would kill you any day on a mx track or else you would **** your pants if you saw some of the hills I climb.

It has to do with this thread. This thread wasn't about how good of a rider, it was about climbing and dragging.

Thats not what I do when I go riding, accept occasionally drag my friends for bragging rights:D

Other than that, our riding consists of lots of stuff. hills, trails, technical trails, etc.

Like I said, im not no pro, but I consider myself a fairly good rider.

And of course you would woop my arse on the track, because i dont go to the track. It just isnt my thing, i find it not as fun as going on rides in the middle of nowhere. Everyone has different riding styles.

Don't get me started on hills, i do plenty of them. They don't really phase me too much, because riding in ashland you kinda get used to them

06-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I have never been the the specific city of ashland but where I ride it is full of old coal mines and strip mines so yea the hills are pretty much amazing./

hondarider101
06-07-2008, 04:14 PM
it takes alot of skill and work to set up a TT bike they way it should be set up.. it takes a good rider that has been riding since he was to to do that.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Of course another idiot has to come and make trouble. We all stop fighting and you come in making our forums look bad.

I don't think im the crap cuz i own a banshee, its just one of my favorite quads. Like I guess the 450r is one of your favorite quads, so wheres the harm in that?

Of course racing up a hill or dragging proves nothing as a rider, but this thread wasn't about riders. Its about engines and why the banshee is or is not still king of the hill.

You think your all cool and a good rider just because you race TT:rolleyes: Please, give me a break.

And the thing is, I know that there are people more skilled then me that would woop my arse, but im willing to admit it. As far as I go, i consider myself to be a decent rider, especially for my age.

So screw off, and stop going into threads when everyone stopped fighting just to make trouble. Really shows you have no life, and have to come in here to prove a point. [/QUOTE]

honda4life72
06-07-2008, 04:22 PM
i never said i was the best rider ever? i never said i could ride better than you. but for the record i can. i dont think i' cool cuz i race tt . matter afact i haven't raced sense december because i'm currently still rebuild it haha. but w/e for the record your a alsome kid who knows everything about everything and can beat and outrun everyone and everything made. your banshee and a corvette. who will win , you off course:rolleyes:

i hope u feel better now cupcake. you banshee could proley outrun me and my "cool" tt bike if u would lose about 100 lbs and get a life. :devil: ....... but wait, i dont want to be causing a fight in a thread so i'm sorry sweety

honda4life72
06-07-2008, 04:26 PM
owh another thing, forget even having a fourm . just post your phone # and everyone can call u when we have problems with our quads

TheNewn
06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
So in summation...

250R4Life made HondaMaster and others look like fools.

250R4Life left and they decided if he wasn't going to do it, they were going to make themselves look like fools.

This is almost like...deja vu...

People are so defensive, and so sensitive...

Dustin075
06-07-2008, 07:23 PM
All you guys are ****ing guy as hell! Who gives a **** how fast you are in a straight line or in the trails! As long as we all have fun and ride what we like to ride! Who gives a **** what the next guy likes!

kodie
06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
hondamaster

i read threw the first 3 pages and you were the only one who knew what he was talking about.

bone stock banshees have nothing. throw a pipe on it and the beast wakes up. throw a few more bolt on mods and its screaming. then throw in an aggressive port 250 ish bucks and its scary fast. then you can get into putting strokers in and then its game over.

250r4life
06-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by TheNewn
So in summation...

250R4Life made HondaMaster and others look like fools.

250R4Life left and they decided if he wasn't going to do it, they were going to make themselves look like fools.

This is almost like...deja vu...

People are so defensive, and so sensitive...

lol....

i can only mess with 15 year olds for so long :devil:

NickG5755
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
listen here all
yous can all shut your mouths cuz ive got a Quadsport 230L bored out to a 454 Big block with a quintuplet turbo! (thats eight of them) its currently employed in area 51 being used to make the world turn tho so i cant show yous it till its retired...

its got

V force reeds in 4 of the cylinders and the other have 16 valves per cylinder..

its actually a 6 stroke ( ive got a button i press for 2 stroke when i wanna or 4 stroke when im lugging it in the woods)

ive also got a single CR 85R radiator cooling it and it has never once overheated on me ( i put cardboard over it sometimes in the summer to help keep it cool)

fueling all of this to my fuel injectors is a 38mm PJ carb built by roger rabbit himself...

o yea i have a button i press and it comes to me no matter where i am... i could even be on the other side of the world in a boat and it will drill to the middle of the world and pop up in the ocean

sometimes i use it to visit distant planets

if you wanna race ill give you a ten year head start and still beat you by 3-4 lengths

kodie
06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
haha thats funny, do all 4 wheels turn the same way also? and is it chain or belt driven? haha

NickG5755
06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
noo i was gunna put 4 wheel steering in it but the AREA 51 officials said if i did the earth would turn off camber every now n then and the US would have 6 months of daylight and 6 of nighttime causing the icecaps to metlt and everyone would die...

and the drive stystem is actaully a shaft type..the shaft is made out of straw hats and horse doodoo

Hondamaster5505
06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by NickG5755
noo i was gunna put 4 wheel steering in it but the AREA 51 officials said if i did the earth would turn off camber every now n then and the US would have 6 months of daylight and 6 of nighttime causing the icecaps to metlt and everyone would die...

and the drive stystem is actaully a shaft type..the shaft is made out of straw hats and horse doodoo

lol

is it 5-wheel drive? Then you can still have one wheel straight so it doesnt turn the earth off camber:devil:

NickG5755
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
5 wheel drive? dont ya think thats a little bit outta the question?

kodie
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
5 wheel drive? dont ya think thats a little bit outta the question?

ya thats a bit over board there.

NickG5755
06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
ohhh yea i forgot to add that the frame is gusseted with straws (not the crappy ones but the good thick red ones ya get with a slush puppy) and theyre help on by twine..

this makes for a very good solid frame although i did get 2 pretty good cracks one time..but i sealed them up with bubble gum.. havent had any problems yet

nd the tires are from the early 1940's theyre the extremely hard plastic type. no tubes no air means no flats..

Suzuki quad man
06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I agree with hondamaster5505

250r4life
06-11-2008, 12:58 AM
these last several posts have been as bout as realistic/accurate as most of this thread...

NickG5755
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
for real tho i think stock for stock the YFZ is better all around quad.. mod for mod it depends alot on the conditions... if you can somehow get that shee too hook up its over.. as for king of the hill ehh im siding with the banshee on this one but not by a whole lot.. its still very close i think

but i think once you stroke the shee its all over

Hondamaster5505
06-11-2008, 02:17 PM
for real tho i think stock for stock the YFZ is better all around quad.. mod for mod it depends alot on the conditions... if you can somehow get that shee too hook up its over.. as for king of the hill ehh im siding with the banshee on this one but not by a whole lot.. its still very close i think

but i think once you stroke the shee its all over

Yeah, the yfz450 eats the stock banshee all day long. If I had to keep stock pipes on my shee, then choose to ride either the shee or the 400ex, id rather ride the EX:grr:

Yamaha must have been drunk when they designed those stock "snake" headpipes

NickG5755
06-11-2008, 05:55 PM
noo..those pipes make it rideable in the woods..and makes the quad safe.. a piped filterd banshee can be pretty wicked.. peoeple that havent ridden a stock banshee fromt he factory and then got on a perfectly jetted shee with say the newwer toomey's on wouldant understand...

i was a non belive till i rode a brand new 05 and then got on an 04 with a proflow kit and toomeys and it was a beasttt

Hondamaster5505
06-11-2008, 06:53 PM
noo..those pipes make it rideable in the woods..and makes the quad safe.. a piped filterd banshee can be pretty wicked.. peoeple that havent ridden a stock banshee fromt he factory and then got on a perfectly jetted shee with say the newwer toomey's on wouldant understand...

i was a non belive till i rode a brand new 05 and then got on an 04 with a proflow kit and toomeys and it was a beasttt

Yeah. banshee's feel very refined stock, very smooth with a much broader powerband. Then you ride a piped one and it feels like a completely different animal.

I've ridden a stock banshee, and they don't impress me at all. I mean, they're better for woods then, but a lot slower.

Pipes are literally like throwing a turbo on a banshee

NickG5755
06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
quick question honda master/... what all bikes have you ridden that are as fast or faster than say.. a 400EX

Hondamaster5505
06-12-2008, 04:42 AM
quick question honda master/... what all bikes have you ridden that are as fast or faster than say.. a 400EX

hmm, ok.

1) 3 dif. banshee's
2) 04 raptor 660
3) 04-05? DS650
4) 07 YFZ450
5) 06 Raptor 700
6) ATC250r
7) predator 500

NickG5755
06-13-2008, 01:36 AM
ever ridden a fully built bike? i mean like FULLY built

250r4life
06-13-2008, 10:18 AM

of course the answer is going to be yes... this is the internet...

Dinner
06-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Well what do you classify as fully built? Not trying to be bash you or anything..just there are some parts out there that not too many people know about..

NickG5755
06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
well when ya lie on the internet it comes out and makes you lok hella dumb..

what do i consider fully built?

Bigbore , cam , portwork allthat fun stuff

Long trravel susp, at least 49 inches wide through extended aarms and axles (not spacers)

Full exhasust (duhh)

goodwheels with better tires..

then the cosmetics

the reason i ask is because until youve ridden a fully built say YFZ 450 or TRX you dont really have an understanding of what these bikes are capeable of and most bikes you have ridden are extremely WEAK ... dont get me wrong. im a firm beliver that until these KTM's came out that yamaha had one of the meanest stock motorrs out there (when it actually runs)

i just want you to understand that when people say that they know of bikes meaner than a banshee , give it a good thought

becasue when it comes to actuall rideable power that doesnt get 9 miles to the gallon (cheetah cubs n all that stuff for the banshee just arent reliable and dont bother arguing that) the 4 strokes will prevail more than the 2 strokes will

i love the 2 stokes and will never give them up in my dirtbikes , but after having my built raptor and feeling what a 4 stroke has to give ( not to mention being able to go almost a whole day on 1 tank and being able to pull up to a high octane pump fill up and leave) ill probably stick to 4 stroke quads.. becasue i can almost garantee that when it comes time to GET to that hillclimb somewhere in the woods a stock 450 or mod for mod whichever you prefer... will get there quicker than a banshee thus being king of the hill

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM

I'll tell you the truth, no I haven't.

The YFZ had a full HMF exhaust, Cam mod, EHS racing lid, CDI, and ITP rims to make it a little wider.
The 450r had stock revalves up front with +1 a-arms, and just offset rims in back, with an aftermarket linkage.

Nobody in our group has one fully built up, just mainly in one category.

BUT. I know the capability of the 450's, and the fact the pro's bikes are running 60+ hp.

With that in consideration, they also rebuild their engines after every other race.

If you took a banshee with extended a-arms and axle, with aftermarket shocks, and a -2 swinger so it hooks up better, they handle pretty good. I actually like the feel of the banshee much more, IMHO all the new 450's feel like dirtbikes.

Plus, a well built banshee for the dunes with an aggressive dune port and other little mods, can easily do about 80-85hp, while still being fairly reliable (as long as an idiot didnt put the engine back together)

Now, try and get that out of a 450, and even if it were possible, it would cost 3x as much, and would probably blow the F up. Just look at the one turbo YFZ that I believe was in Huevos. First trip out first hill, the motor took a dump.

This is also the reason banshee's sell for so much out west. They are still the top pick of duners, because you can produce so much power and have the top end for huge hills and wide-open sections.

Look at what banshees go for in the east coast. It's easy to get a nice one for under $2000. Now look up the phoenix ariziona craigslist. Theres 90's banshee's going in the $4000 range, and people trading 450's for banshee's.

Yamaha built the banshee for one reason, the dunes. And they definitly did that. Then people on the east decided to start buying them and putting low-end pipes and crap on them, which I think is retarded. Ours are setup for mid-top end, like they were built to do.

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2008, 01:25 PM
ill probably stick to 4 stroke quads.. becasue i can almost garantee that when it comes time to GET to that hillclimb somewhere in the woods a stock 450 or mod for mod whichever you prefer... will get there quicker than a banshee thus being king of the hill

See, your talking completely different.

As far as getting to the hill, that has no bearing on actually being king of it. That just makes it king of the trails.

And as far as deep woods climbs, ill admit the 450's probably are better. I dont do many wood climbs because there arent really much of them where we go. Just wide-open steep loose hills.

In the woods, there isnt much runway and thats where the low-end and mid range of the 450's come in, they can literally crawl up the hills. 2-strokes like banshee's need a little runway, or else if you gun it from a dead stop before a hill, you'll most likely just loose traction.

250r4life
06-13-2008, 01:50 PM

This is also the reason banshee's sell for so much out west. They are still the top pick of duners, because you can produce so much power and have the top end for huge hills and wide-open sections.

Look at what banshees go for in the east coast. It's easy to get a nice one for under $2000. Now look up the phoenix ariziona craigslist. Theres 90's banshee's going in the $4000 range, and people trading 450's for banshee's.

im out west- in phoenix actually... and im at the dunes about every other weekend during dune season...

honestly, they are not the top pic for duners anymore... there are SO many more 450s and raptors than there are banshees... there used to be TONS of banshees at the dunes, but you just dont see that anymore...

they have come way down in price over the last year or so as well... and the most common thing i see on craigs list or cycle trader is "will trade for a 450" or "selling to buy a 450."

im being completely honest and subjective...
dont worry, i know where ya'll are coming from... i used to have a banshee, and if i had room to haul it down to the dunes i would have one in addition to my other bikes... i had a 250r too that i thought would never sell... i used to think 4 strokes sucks and that they were for *****s... and at one point that was true... well, things change, and i had to come to the realization that the 450s were better... some people will say "oh you think the YFZ is the best cuz you have one..." no, i have one because i think it is the best... i've had other bikes, and have the YFZ now cuz i think it is better...

NickG5755
06-13-2008, 04:06 PM
In the woods, there isnt much runway and thats where the low-end and mid range of the 450's come in, they can literally crawl up the hills. 2-strokes like banshee's need a little runway, or else if you gun it from a dead stop before a hill, you'll most likely just loose traction.

ehh ill have to disagree with that... and when you speak of where you ride... i live there.. lol the trevorton hills , frackville , ashland , chendo (da ****) , i live righ tin the middle of all of this and what you ride once or twice a year i ride everyday :p... and not true that banshees need running room. over the AC/DC (when it was stil there :( )i watch people on banshees all the time start out at a dead stop drop the hammer in 2nd and go right up them still while shiftingup once or twice in the middle (no these arent highly modded shees either these are piped filterd and maybe slightly bored ones like .20 over nothing that makes much of a difference) same with 450's they can go from a dead stop at the bottom and make it up..... now as to ashland hill climbs thats another story... allmost any bike needs to get a run to make those ( for those that dont know what we r talkin bout these hills are like as big as some of the biggest dunes if not bigger and theyre coal hils /shale) def some of the hardest hillclimbs around

but even tho i may have been leaning twards the banshee in the first place im gunna have to say its pretty even now... until i get to unleash a 525XC in the ashland hill climbs.. that thing is gunna own

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2008, 04:32 PM
you mean 500 hill:D

NickG5755
06-13-2008, 08:57 PM
yea you can probably see my house from the top of that... i ride past it almost everyday.. but i dont go up becasue that hill kills the effin tires i run on my dirtbike (Pirelli Scorpions) i cant spell...

Hondamaster5505
06-13-2008, 09:04 PM
yea you can probably see my house from the top of that... i ride past it almost everyday.. but i dont go up becasue that hill kills the effin tires i run on my dirtbike (Pirelli Scorpions) i cant spell...

lol.

Hey, do you know Roy? He's this local we met up there that literally lives in ashland I think. He rides a special edition black banshee with FMF pipes?

Just curious. Thats really the only local we know up there.

NickG5755
06-13-2008, 11:13 PM
is he sorta young? like early 30's has a pretty hott g/f lol

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2008, 07:49 AM
is he sorta young? like early 30's has a pretty hott g/f lol

I think he just turned 40, or somewhere around there. maybe 38. Never met his g/f. lol

400exrider989
06-15-2008, 06:13 PM
to be back on topic a little, what honda4lfe said about there being less banshees,totally true but you have no idea why, it most likely isnt because they are too slow, most people switch to 4-strokes because they don't need to spend the extra cash on premium AND oil, making it nearly 30 bucks a tank alone. Thats why most dudes do the switch, having to pay that much for a tank is getting outrageous. And has made me think about the switch a few times to, but then i go for a ride and say to myself "what the hell was i thinking, sell for a 4-stroke, yeah right" LOL

TheNewn
06-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I think you're misquoting, 250R4Life said that.

I also don't think people are buying a new 7500 dollar quad to save money. But maybe, i don't ride in the dunes.

NickG5755
06-16-2008, 12:17 AM
my first guess would be gas mileage... when was the last time ya heard of a bansshee going all say on a tank of gas? 450's are way better on gas and when you out in the desert you dont wanan have to go back to your truck every 2 or 3 hrs to fill up. esp when i tslike 35 bucks to fill up esp after ya buy a good oil and good fuel.

Hondamaster5505
06-16-2008, 04:54 AM
my first guess would be gas mileage... when was the last time ya heard of a bansshee going all say on a tank of gas? 450's are way better on gas and when you out in the desert you dont wanan have to go back to your truck every 2 or 3 hrs to fill up. esp when i tslike 35 bucks to fill up esp after ya buy a good oil and good fuel.

We go through about 6 or 7 gallons of gas in my dads banshee when we go to ashland:huh

We don't care though. like they say, suckin gas and haulin a**

250r4life
06-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I think you're misquoting, 250R4Life said that.

I also don't think people are buying a new 7500 dollar quad to save money. But maybe, i don't ride in the dunes.

youre right... people arent selling their banshees and buying 450s to save a few bucks on gas... and compared to some of their other 4-stroke counterparts, the YFZs actually guzzle fuel... obviously not in comparison to some of the 2 stroke bikes...

NickG5755
06-16-2008, 05:15 PM
im not doing it to save money...but its tough to get gas in the middle of nowhere... and if you have to keep goin back to your truck to get gas you cant go very far..

all bikes guzzle gas but if ya dont compare gas mileage on a 4 stroke to gas mileage on a 2 stroke then id like to know what your comparin it to....

250r4life
06-16-2008, 06:25 PM
as far as the amount of fuel consumed, my YFZ doesnt consume any less fuel than my 250r did with the 265 kit on it...

400exrider989
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
i know i am just sayin 35 bucks lasts me a little more then a hour of hard fun

NickG5755
06-16-2008, 11:13 PM
really? cuz my friends 450R can go alot longer than my old banshee did.. it was piped filterd and jetted properly

TheNewn
06-17-2008, 01:19 AM
That IS 2 cylinders (banshee) vs 1 (250R) in your comparison to him there.

It would seem obvious to me a banshee would get worse than a 250r.

250r4life
06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
That IS 2 cylinders (banshee) vs 1 (250R) in your comparison to him there.

It would seem obvious to me a banshee would get worse than a 250r.

yep...

TeamRealtreeHD
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
My banshee never lost to a thumper yet... never will either.

250r4life
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by TeamRealtreeHD
My banshee never lost to a thumper yet... never will either.

ive raced several fighter jets... im still undefeated!

NickG5755
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
oh yea... does it do mach pierogi with butter and onions too? lol

so what all is done to this banshee that smites the not so almighty 4 stroke ...pics too plz

Hondamaster5505
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
My dads sleeper.;)

Beat every 450 we've come across so far, but I shouldn't talk. It's kinda like people. No matter how big and strong you are, there will always be someone bigger and stronger that can kick your @ss.

Still lightning quick though. I love riding it. I keep telling him to buy front shocks though:mad:

Hondamaster5505
06-17-2008, 06:02 PM
oops, forgot the pic

TeamRealtreeHD
06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
421 Cheetah kit
Noss Cool Head
Trinity Stage 4 pipes and silencers
Trinity Stage 4 intake and 35mm carbs
+4 timing plate
Dune/Hillshooting Port
4mil crank

Beats cammed and big bored 450's all day long. And I love how it looks so stock lol

Not sure where you guys are racing... but any banshee, especially ones that have pipes plus anything else, have a tough time hooking up in dirt.

Dunes or asphault, it's over for a 450. They are a great bike, don't get me wrong, but a piped banshee with just another mod or two, it's over. And depending on the rider, I saw just a piped banshee beat numerous piped 450's.

To each his own, but for a banshee to truely run to it's potential, pipes, and a port job, is all you need. I was beating yfz's with just pipes as well. But once I got the dune/hillshooter port, it was all history for the thumpers. And I don't even want to go into the whole cheetah kit... that really makes 450's inhale some race fuel fumes.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x123/teamrealtreehd1/IMAG1495.jpg

Hondamaster5505
06-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Man, that must friggin rip. Those cubs are a force to be reckoned with.

That setup, correct me if im wrong, is good for 75+hp, right?

And it looks so stock, lol. I love sleepers.

TeamRealtreeHD
06-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda... I wanted to originally sink some bucks into the looks... but I did that with another bike, and it is money you'll never, ever, see again...

But this one, when I shine it up, looks very good. I wanted to get a powdercoated frame, and plastics, and billet covers, etc.... but that just is money NOT well spent... unless you truely like the looks. But me, I just like to go.

My bike rips... I am truely pleased

And I too love a sleeper.

TeamRealtreeHD
06-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Where I live... there is nothing but hills...

So to answer the orginale question, yes... banshee always were king of the hill around here. I am first and foremost a hillclimber/hillshooter.

Only bikes that are better are worked up quadzillas. No 4 stroke climbs like the twin jugged banshee... none.

But we coal crackers have a unique place to ride with the coal hills and shale hills, etc. Maybe the thumpers rule in other places, but not here.

Like I said, they are one heck of a bike, but for what my crew does.... straight hillshots that look like they touch the clouds, RPM's is everything.

NickG5755
06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
woah woah yous a coal cracker?!?!
or wait are you the dude from Mcadoo?

ima coal cracker too (literally ill be playin footbal for th coal coalcrackers haha)

where you from?

and yes that is a meannn shee man... that thing is def king of the hill haha

TeamRealtreeHD
06-17-2008, 08:09 PM
No, I don't play for the crackers... I am from the Shamokin/Mount Carmel Area...

By the quote you told me of "mach pierogi", it seems you may be from the 462? Shendo? lol

NickG5755
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
screw chendo da fu*k im from Mahanoy City/ Barnesville... i jsut think mach pierogi is funny hhaha...

and i meant i will be playin for the coal crackers

TeamRealtreeHD
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Yea, I know what you meant... I have a few buddies who play for them, but I'd rather not say their names on the forum.

NickG5755
06-17-2008, 10:42 PM
cool... well neways...that shee is prety sick..and i think this thread is pretty well dead...

realtree wins his banshee ownd us all