PDA

View Full Version : how to lower your quad?

spanks
06-04-2008, 09:11 PM
ok im trying to save up the money for new yfz after i get out of college but i have 2 questions how do you get the quad to sit lower without droping 2 grand on custom shocks... like with gncc quads. and also which kind of nerf bars are better ones without heal guards or with heal guards?

ATV Macho Man
06-04-2008, 10:37 PM
You can start off by replacing the factory tires with some smaller race sizes. This will lower it some.

As for the suspension, there really isn't any way around dropping money. It's expensive, but the ride is worth it. Day and night.

Ride1Rob
06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
You can raise or lower the ride height on the stock springs (front & rear) by turning your adjusters on top of the springs. It's the round thing with the grooves/slots in them. I want to say that counterclockwise will lower the ride height while clockwise will raise the ride height. It may be the other way around but it's either or. This in turn will also make the ride either soft or hard as well.

leveldrummer
06-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
You can raise or lower the ride height on the stock springs (front & rear) by turning your adjusters on top of the springs. It's the round thing with the grooves/slots in them. I want to say that counterclockwise will lower the ride height while clockwise will raise the ride height. It may be the other way around but it's either or. This in turn will also make the ride either soft or hard as well.

you are talking about changing the ride height, by adjusting the spring preload.

those shocks are designed to work properly at a certain length, setting your ride height should be one of the first things you do to a new quad, you adjust those nuts so the quad rides at the prefered height according to your weight.

the only way to really lower the bike so it rides like it should, would be getting shocks, or a lowering kit for TT racing and such.

Ride1Rob
06-07-2008, 07:54 AM
It all depends on what you mean by when you say work properly. If you make those adjustments it's not like the shocks simply stop working as they should. If he's doing MX and he's bottoming out the stockers he may have to do that adjustment anyway. If he's doing TT he doesn't need a stiff setup and can make them softer. It all depends on what he's doing. His question was how to make the bike sit lower without dropping alot of money into the bike. That's an easy way to do it.

spanks
06-08-2008, 07:03 PM
well i would be riding trails and stuff i just dont want to go flying around the corner and catch a rut and tip over cause it sits higher than other quads. i mean im running a blaster right now but its so slow and stuff i just out grew it.