PDA

View Full Version : vavle adjustment question?

Lil90man!!
11-30-2002, 08:17 AM
i have a 2001 300ex and needless to say i ride the thing:P but lately whenever i really get on it then slow down quick, well not even slow down i just let the engine idle (like just pull in the clucth)i hear this weird sounding click and it just dies, it starts right back up no problem but i was jus wondering could it be my vavles i've never adjusted them i was thinking maybe one is just closing to ealry or opening to soon and causing it to die like this?? any suggestions? thanks for any help

RED121572
11-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Keeping your valves adjusted properly is good preventive maintaince. I heard if you let them go too long, youll lose power and the piston my eventually "slap" the valves...which is not good.

Your thumper may become very cranky once the cold weather sets in. My buddy visited me from Oaklahoma two weeks ago. His machine is dialed in for summer like temps. On the day he and I rode, his machine was running a bit funky...caused by the extreme temperature drop.

I hope my 2cts has helped you. Good luck and let us know how everything works out.:)