PDA

View Full Version : Tire Sizing

TRAILRIPPER
06-04-2008, 05:10 PM
ANYONE CHANGE TO BIGGER SIZE TIRES ON THEIR DVX? ID LIKE TO GO TO 22 IN REAR 23 FRONT FOR ALITTLE MORE GROUNG CLEARENCE BUT NOT SURE HOW IT WILL EFFECT THE BIKES FEEL
ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE?
THANKS , KEEP RIPPIN

johnafun
06-06-2008, 02:39 AM
now im no super pro but i do know this . going to a larger tire size will do a few things that you may not like. taller on rear is like gearing it up youll lose some tork and it will lug a bit more..top speed will gain a tiny tiny bit .the change will be minor. on the front i have been told the taller the better grab and harder to steer in corners smaller less grab easyer steering. again these are minor changes and im not a pro. now my opinion on certain parts of any vehicle. like here (tires) is that the stock tire size was chosen for the best overall handleing of any paticuler model. any modifacations after wards can warent changes anywhere within the bike . blah blah. so i would recomend if you do go through with this it may be a good idea to get a new 1 tooth smaller front sprocket OR 2-3 larger sprocket on the rear. HINT ;) front sprockets are cheaper.

TRAILRIPPER
06-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Ive changed the sprockets afew diff times already so i have the feel of it , lattly ive went back to stock sizing 15/40 , i was looking to gain some clearence without taking the feel of the bike away

johnafun
06-06-2008, 11:06 AM
ok well in that case it will change the feel of the bike . its just a matter of wether you like it or not.or even notice the diffrence in the first place. best bet is if you if for some miracules reason you know someone with those size tire and rims sizes to swap out rims for a bit to try it befor you spend the money. im in similer thoughts cuz i want to go smaller but luckily i have an ltr450 that has the tire sizes i want so i will just swap em out for a day and try it