PDA

View Full Version : 400EX DG Exhaust Repacking

jdroopyx333
06-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey whats up,Im a newer member to the site altough ive been looking thru for sometime.I recently bought 2001 400ex with a aftermarket DG Steel RCM exhaust and ive taken it down to the frame and have powdercoated and gone thru everything.Last night came time to put the exhaust back on so i planned on packing it.and i can not get the canister out and ive tried everything. Now ive searched and have seen that many peoples opions on DG are bad. Plus this exuast doesnt seem like it would meet the DB limit for the harescrambles im going to run with it. So if anyone could please offer there opion on this it would be greatly appreciated. Is it worth messing with it or should i just buy a new exhuast and worry about the rims and tires in a few weeks seeming the tires and rim on the now arent to bad....... thanks Justin

MOON
06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Steel RCMs are crap. Buy a new Lexx MXe from Rocky Mountain ATV, and you won't have to save much there only $200. And they meet sound requirments.

Misfit138
06-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey,Moon,how do u like your white bros shorty?I'll bet that thing is loud!!

MOON
06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I like it alot. And it's actually not that bad sound wise, 97db.

Misfit138
06-04-2008, 08:10 PM
it really looks cool.how do I go about cutting mine down?

jdroopyx333
06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
yeah i was checking those out earlier today. They dont look yo bad im gonna read up on them see how they are.And the shortened pipes are cool but i was curious if it does anything power wise or it just for looks?

MOON
06-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Misfit138
it really looks cool.how do I go about cutting mine down?

Take the guts out, cut the can then cut the core shorter. Weld the core back together, repack it. And put it back together. Wah-freakin lah. lol :cool:

MOON
06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by jdroopyx333
yeah i was checking those out earlier today. They dont look yo bad im gonna read up on them see how they are.And the shortened pipes are cool but i was curious if it does anything power wise or it just for looks?

To be honest it does more for looks than power. It adds a nice top-end boost though.