PDA

View Full Version : I need alot of suggestions!!

QuadJunkies
06-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I may not have alot of time to do the research, so Im hoping Ya'll can help me out!!:)
We may be approaching a new Project quad ,we have rougly 2 months to have it fully completed and thats pushing it!
I need to know whats all avail. still in the market for the 250R for Suspension
Steering Stems
Axles
Shocks
Nerf Bars W/ Heel Guards.

I may have the suspension already lined up, but not 100% sure yet.
Can Ya'll help me out?

trx310R#24
06-04-2008, 12:37 AM
stems-burgard
axles-dura blue, prp, rpm so on
shocks-pep, elka, fox so on
nerfs with heel gards- um maybe ac

i hope this helps

i have a 250r parts motor let me know if you need anything

troybilt
06-04-2008, 06:55 AM
If you can find IMS propegs, possible on ebay, albeit it won't be easy.

You can get the IMS heel guards for those, this will be your best bet, otherwise you'll be modifying nerfs that are designed for other quads to get the heel guards. At least that's what I've found in my research.

Also, there is a thread on here that shows the 250r cross compatibility with other machines. This might help too. For example, the z400, 400ex, 450r bumpers will work on with the addition of some spacers.

I just installed a blingstar bumper for a z400 on mine.

just my $0.02.

Goodluck :macho

QuadJunkies
06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
If you can find IMS propegs, possible on ebay, albeit it won't be easy.

You can get the IMS heel guards for those, this will be your best bet, otherwise you'll be modifying nerfs that are designed for other quads to get the heel guards. At least that's what I've found in my research.

Also, there is a thread on here that shows the 250r cross compatibility with other machines. This might help too. For example, the z400, 400ex, 450r bumpers will work on with the addition of some spacers.

I just installed a blingstar bumper for a z400 on mine.

just my $0.02.

Goodluck :macho
GREAT!! Does IMS still make them for the 250R? We have done the modded heel guards and its a PITA to keep them on w/o a ton of welds.
Would you happen to know the link to the Crossover topic?
Heel guards area MUST.

Also... I am looking for a RACE READY 250R.It MUST be RACE READY...
I live in Idaho ,so shippers might want to keep that in mind. I have my eye on one ,but its not written in stone just yet. We might have a buyer for my Daughters Hybrid,so we ned to find a new quad right away.
If anyone has any offers, please let me know.

QuadJunkies
06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
stems-burgard
axles-dura blue, prp, rpm so on
shocks-pep, elka, fox so on
nerfs with heel gards- um maybe ac

i hope this helps

i have a 250r parts motor let me know if you need anything
So all of them are making shocks for the 250R still??
ID dig some Fox if they do. :devil:

wilkin250r
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I think most of the popular brands are still available. The 250r is fading out, but it's not THAT dead.

I'm pretty sure you can still get components like stems, swingarms, and A-arms from companies like Roll Design, Laeger, Walsh, Burgard, Lonestar, ect ect.

Some of the lesser-known companies have stopped making them. I think Arens frames are all but impossible, maybe some others (Hermann still making them?)

I'm not too sure about the heal guards, however. That might be difficult.

Iliketogofast
06-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
GREAT!! Does IMS still make them for the 250R? We have done the modded heel guards and its a PITA to keep them on w/o a ton of welds.
Heel guards area MUST.

I live in Idaho ,so shippers might want to keep that in mind. I have my eye on one ,but its not written in stone just yet. We might have a buyer for my Daughters Hybrid,so we ned to find a new quad right away.

They don't still make them, but you can still find sets used and sometimes even new on eBay. I too have been looking for a set of them and there was one about a month ago but I didn't have the money so they sold to somebody else.

I'm glad to hear that you will be able to continue riding. :)

PS: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340685&highlight=compatibility+chart

Make sure you scroll to the bottom or the last page to get the latest version of the chart.

Another thing: 400EX and 450R shocks will fit a 250R. They are both an inch too tall. If you had longer arms that would probably negate that but I have stock arms and have always had stock arms so I don't know. What I do know is that right now I'm running Works triple rate 400EX shocks and it rides just fine. It looks a bit different (a tad taller) but when you sit on it it feels great.

vic425
06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
hey heres where you can find the heel guards and pegs
http://www.toyzforthebigboyz.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=192

250Renvy
06-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by vic425
hey heres where you can find the heel guards and pegs
http://www.toyzforthebigboyz.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=192

That's all fine and dandy but not likely available since they discontinued making them awhile ago.

Quadjunkies - to answer most of your questions, almost anything can be found used and refurbished. The heelguards may be the hardest thing to find, but I've seen people modify the IMS 450r heelguards without much hassle.

Shocks - Everybody still makes them as they are interchangeable with 400ex and 450R
ie. Custom axis, Elka, Ohlins, Fox (front only) Works, PEP etc

Stems - Roll design, LSR, Burgard, Laeger is only available in protrax but may custom make them?

Axles - Lonestar, RPM DII, Durablue, Team

A-arms - Roll design, Laeger, LSR, Burgard, Walsh,

Swingarms - Burgard, LSR, others can be found used but most are specific to frames anyway.

PeanutButta
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Shocks - Axis, Elka

Stems - Roll design, Lsr

Axles - Lsr

A-arms - Roll design, Laeger, LSR, Walsh

Swingarms- Ace Fabrication

troybilt
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Heel guards area MUST.

Sure, here:

250R Cross Compatibility Chart and discussions: (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340685&highlight=250r+cross)

There is a set of IMS propegs with kickouts on ebay right now, but they are a little pricey IMO, buy it now $250. You'll pay close to that for a good shape quadtech hood used. 2 things that are going to be hard to find is a quadtech hood and ims propegs. They pretty much rape and pilage your @$$ for them!

BTW, I went with the maier hood for 50 bucks, but it is not carbon fiber and doens't have the billet grill either. I'm working on getting a custom grill made for my maier... just an FYI.

QuadJunkies
06-05-2008, 12:02 AM
You guys are awesome!
this will give us a little to work on , Im hoping we will find out tomorrow if her quad is sold so we can get busy!:macho
The quad we have our eyes on now Custom Axis/Gibson set up . It has nerfs, but not with heel guards. Its pretty sweet.
Hopefully its still avail.

trx310R#24
06-05-2008, 02:01 AM
i seen a r with floats...

troybilt
06-05-2008, 06:47 AM
...float evols! If I had the money.

juanki
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM
very well that you are jumping in the pinger train, lol.

you can go also to trx250r.net, lots on info about this amazing quad.

show us pics of what you are getting. congrats.

troybilt
09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Any updates on the Project 250R???

QuadJunkies
09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately, we ended up going another direction on things and didnt do the build. I really wish we could have done it , it would have been a great set up my Daughter to race. :(