PDA

View Full Version : Snow Jump....

trickster2338
11-29-2002, 09:39 PM
ok first off i have to say you guys are not going to believe this. me and my buds built a snow jump and we were getting pretty awesome distance. i had my blazer and my other friend w/ his recon. and this is my friends like 5th time riding. well he decides to hit the jump. we were hitting it most of the night, and you'll never guess what his farthest was. he got 27 feet in distance! we measured it. my best of the night was 15 feet . but mind you i'm on the blazer. i mean i jumped the recon a couple times and in all honesty it feels lighter and its a better jumper. but i'm gonna takes some pics and prove it after i get my digi camera i mean it was crazy. the time he got 27 feet he had to bail off because the quad was heading right for the camper and luckily it missed. the farthest he had when he stayed on was 25 feet. but we're definetely gonna do it tomorrow and it'll be alot easier because it won't be dark out. i'll update you again. and one more crazy thing for the night. we wanted to drag up the main road to back to my house. so the first time we get goin and i can tell its boggin. well i get about 4 houses down and it just stalls. i have him push me back. i get it started, we decide to have another go at it. i get to the next house and it stalls. so i just have him push me home. i thought it was gas, come to find out, i didn't have my killswitch in just a bonehead move lol. anyways tell me what you guys think, you all think i'm probably crazy. i'd just like to think what some of you guys could do on your quads well sorry for rambling, i'm out.

QuadJunkies
11-30-2002, 09:45 AM
Ok.. slow down and take a DEEP breath...lol. Im j/k j/p Ok.. get some picks up here for all of us to see, sounds like you had a good time.;)

Sportrax10
11-30-2002, 10:43 AM
I was riding my sisters trailblazer cause i couldnt ride my 400ex, and i was hitting a jump and i got about 17ft and the chain broke and one of the struts bent.:eek: :mad: :mad: it sucked it cost like $300+ to fix it and the dealer said he wouldnt cover it because it wasnt made to jump!:mad: :mad:

QuadTrix6
11-30-2002, 10:46 AM
jumping utility quads ....hmmmm...smart ? :huh

trickster2338
11-30-2002, 11:20 AM
hey, mines only semi utility! lol. but the reason i was so..how should i say it...surprised was because i never had saw it, and honestly didn't think it was possible. actually that was the furthest distance i had really saw anyone in person get. and mind you the jump wasn't even two feet tall. but hey just thought i'd share my night, and yes i did have a good time lol.

Sparks425Ex
11-30-2002, 11:44 AM
I remember when i used to jump mine and my dads utilities. I had a TRX300 and He had a TRX300 4x4.

It used ot be great fun. Then i got a 400Ex and was amazed to how smooth you can land.

Rip_Tear
11-30-2002, 04:19 PM
I have jumped my TRX 300 many times! I love cat walking that beast! You have to land just right on them though! I never measured any of my distances... I definately would not suggest jumping your trail blazer, I know 2 people who own/owned them, you don't want to brake something on it, they are more expensive to fix then buying them, just letting you know.
Have fun!

trickster2338
11-30-2002, 04:40 PM
hey thanks for the friendly advice about jumping the TB. but i won't have to worry about it much longer. i plan on selling it after christmas.:D

Ballistic Atv
11-30-2002, 09:24 PM
haha i have been jumping my prairie 300 for over 2 years and i havent broken a thing on it yet.(knock on wood)
Its a totally different feeling to get some air on a utility than a high performance atv.
Next spring i will have my 250r project done so i can really get some big air.

lildude
11-30-2002, 09:27 PM
i was jumping my cousins trailblazer one day and i actually thought it was alot better jumper than the recon and i got decent distance with it and the landings wernt bad i just had trouble keepin the front end up........i know i got about 4 foot with the recon off of a hillclimb and that was a mistake..my wrists hurt for like the rest of the day

Honda2003
11-30-2002, 09:37 PM
i was doing some small hill climbs last week in about 6-8 inchs of snow. those snow roost's are cool.:D

trickster2338
12-01-2002, 09:45 AM
yeah the landings are nice w/ my machine, but it is hard to keep the front end up. i have to tug up every chance i get.

Ride400
12-01-2002, 07:50 PM
i used to jump my 2001 trail blazer and never had any probs

trickster2338
12-02-2002, 02:40 PM
well so far i really haven't had a problem jumping yet. but then again i prolly dont get as much air as you guys prolly do. lol.

goldfish
12-09-2002, 07:38 PM
I couldn't do anything in the snow!! we probably got 6 inches and i had my tires deflated all the way and i still could hardly move even with someone sitting on the backend. And the snow was not the right kind for packing so we couldn't do a jump :(

I get pretty good air for my jump, but the landing HURTS, since my jump (tabletop) is only about 15-20 feet long, and thats boring only going that far, and theres no dirt to make it longer im landing on really hard ground. Almost positive my front shocks are blown....looking to buy some Works or Elkas.

Steve-o 400EX
12-11-2002, 05:57 PM
I used to jump a foreman 400, tough to do, but i made a snow jump outside of my house last week, i could get about 4 feet of air, land, then lock em up before i hit a pine tree.

trickster2338
12-11-2002, 06:14 PM
yeah thats pretty cool. we're supposed to be getting around 4-8 inches more tonight, so if there's no school i'll prolly be building another jump.

jesshamner
12-16-2002, 11:55 AM
I have a 200 Polaris Magnum 325 that I rode before I got me 400ex. I have jumped it 27 ft. at a friends house. I rode with sports so I had to act like I had one too. BTW, I never broke anything on it. Just a loose steering stem and loose tie rod ends.:devil

trickster2338
12-16-2002, 04:12 PM
hey what a kawinky dink. my tie rod ends are a little lose too....maybe i shouldn't jump after all....NAH!