PDA

View Full Version : Question on Titling Quad

DAB516
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
So here's the story....... I bought a 1999 400ex about 4 years ago. When I bought it the first owner said that he had never sent in the paperwork to have it titled. I had the vin checked out to make sure everything matched up before buying from the orginal owner. Now when I bought it I was given a bill of sale and all the recipts and paperwork from when he orginaly bought it from the Honda dealership. Now i'm looking to sale the quad and am having a hard time finding someone who is willing to buy it without a title. Which is understandable. Now my question is how hard and what would I have to do to get it titled. Can it be done without having to get in touch with the first owner?

Before anyone says anything negative the quad is NOT stolen, and I am not a criminal. Just trying to get out of the sport for awhile.

06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I sold one of my quads and a bike without a title. Some people dotn care. How much are you asking for you quad?

ricksmx865
06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
ive bought and sold without titles before

plus since you have the bill of sale from the dealership since the vin's match up it shouldnt really be a problem..

as for your question on how hard it is to get a title, i really cannot help..

<DRS>GPF
06-04-2008, 10:10 AM
http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/faq/faq-title_vr.shtml#Q15

your looking for "duplicate title".(at the bottom of the linked page)

its not hard and just takes a couple of stamps. you might even get a walkthrough from someone at your closest DMV.