PDA

View Full Version : Axis Pro Air Shocks: Need to make mind up Fast!!!

xsr_racing28c
06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Well guys, I'm looking to see what kind of shocks I should go with on my new build for 09. I can't say much, but its not on one of my Honda's.. :D

I run PEP Pb-1's on my 05 450r right now with Roll arms and love this setup. I'm trying to decide whether to go with PEP PB-1's on my new build or run the new Axis Pro Air shocks.

I need solid opinions, and don't let this turn into you should run this instead, because these are my ONLY two options!!!!

Thank you, Jay :blah:

scottsworld
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
i would try the new axis i hear they are great i have fox and i love them but i heard the axis are even better

Warnerade
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
good luck with the axis rear :ermm:

elementryder
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
i personally have them and they are great
you have to run them stiff,but when you get on the track the work great mine is set really stiff and low ride hight and works amazing......i would like to try the peps because axis after years of dealing with them,they do not support me at all and i was running top 5 nationally in the 300 class before my injury...but they do try to help you dial them in

BlaineKaiser450
06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
id try the new axis shocks :macho

j_cyrus3
06-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Try them. If you dont like them you shouldn't have a problem selling them.

FHKracingZ
06-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I would go with the Fox!!

Ive talked to numerous pro/proam riders with them and they prefer the PDS Valving Springed Axis shock over the pro airs. They have some bugs to work is what everybody told me!

stumpleg
06-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
I would go with the Fox!!

Ive talked to numerous pro/proam riders with them and they prefer the PDS Valving Springed Axis shock over the pro airs. They have some bugs to work is what everybody told me!

x2 on the Fox. Cheaper and just as good, if not better than the Axis Air.

xsr_racing28c
06-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Well guys, after talking it over with a couple guys and thinking about how happy I am with my current PB-1's, I've decided to go with PB-1's all around on the new project I'm working on.

I've got SF Racing working on them right now for me, but with the lack of knowledge on my setup, it might be a feat to get all worked out in a timely manor. Keep your eyes peeled guys, I've got a nice build on the way.

Jay

laeger2fiddyr
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I was going to say go w/ the PB1's. You already have them and seemed to be pleased w/ them. I would hate to get the new axis shocks & not like them! Plus you live in Fondulac and Seth is in S. Beloit which is prob a 1hr or so drive. I live in Monroe which is a 40 min to Seths for me. So he's close, if u would have any issues w/ them. My PB1's are awesome! So where do you ride? Im about 1 1/2-2 hrs from fondy. Should hook up sometime!

xsr_racing28c
06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh i didn't know Seth was so close.... I have a track at my house and tend to do alot of riding there. With my new business I've put off racing and just focused on the fabrication end of it getting into parts and such, but I intend on doing some racing here and there if I can chip away at the rust of my riding.

We should meet up sometime and do some riding, as your welcome to come out and check out the track.. Its nothing spectacular, but fun none the less.

Jay

laeger2fiddyr
06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah Seth moved up here a couple months ago! Which is great for me, I can just drive over and get parts when I need them or just go over to shoot bs!!! Yeah i"ll have to come up sometime and check ur track out! Always looking for a new place to ride! U got any pics of your track?

xsr_racing28c
06-04-2008, 12:06 PM
No but I will soon. I'm actually in the midst of working on it and re-designing it.

Jay

laeger2fiddyr
06-04-2008, 02:35 PM
That sounds cool! Just pm me & let me know & i'll come up on a sat or something & ride!!! Got any pics of ur quad??

Honda#4
06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
^^^ Where you from?

05specialeditio
06-04-2008, 11:07 PM
are you by any cance building a mxed out ktm?

xsr_racing28c
06-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Sounds good man, i'll let you know. The weather isn't cooperating here with all of this rain. Soon though she'll be done, I went riding last nite and need to work out some kinks in the corners, so it will just be a bit til she's prestine.

05specialeditio: Your on the right track.. :)

Jay

laeger2fiddyr
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
cool, just let me know!! honda#4 im from monroe. its south central wi, im about 7 miles from the il state line.

Honda#4
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Ok Cool