PDA

View Full Version : Battery removal?

250Renvy
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Since the KFX has a kick start option I was wondering if anybody has heard of or know if it's possible to swap out the Fuel injection carb for a KX450F carb that way you don't need the battery.

Would it also then be possible to put in a KX450F electronics to get rid of excess like on the TRX450R using CRF harness?

06-03-2008, 08:15 AM
you can bolt a carb and ditch the battery. You also can get a capacitor hooked up so you can keep the fuel injection and ditch the battery and gut the harness. ATV innovations was working on it but there tied up on another project now so wont be till winter for that. im trying to find some1 els to do it. Im planning on gutting my own and hooking a compactor to mine if i can find a extra harness. As for a dirtbike harness. Im not sure it might work. might have to switch plugs but thats about it.

Sprks450r04
06-03-2008, 09:15 AM
all of the BCS kawis now have a honda carb and the kx450f flywheel and stator and a new stator cover and a kick starter it supposedly adds another few horse because of the flywheel being a pound lighter and they rev sssssooooo much faster