PDA

View Full Version : what i need to do for 2 strokes

ZeroX2789
11-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Hey i just got a new Zy 125 and i was wondering if there is n e thing i should do like weekly or every 5 times i ride or n e thing like that. i would really apreciate it if u could just name a few. thanks alot:square

trx400ex
11-29-2002, 08:30 PM
depends on the motor but youll need to....change tranny oil if it has any....clean filter regularly.....change sparkplug every few weeks or when one fouls......rebuild it when it get low on compression...run fresh gas and oil in it too and itll last awhile....do you mean Yz 125?

4TraxRider
11-29-2002, 10:21 PM
run fresh gas in it and dont skimp on 2 stroke oil, teh better it is the less plugs you foul.

WitherQuikEX
11-30-2002, 12:24 PM
yea lol i ment to type Yz 125. well thanks alot is there n e thing i should do or watch out for?:confused:

sduncan
11-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Heres some advice. To get reliable advice in the future and maybe even some more replies to your questions, LEARN HOW TO TYPE,SPELL AND USE PROPER GRAMMAR!!! No one wants to read or reply to a question that sounds as if it was written by a chimp typing with a hammer. Give us a break! E-mail your illiterate buddies like that if you wish, but please try a little harder on the forums. Those of us with an education will appreciate it.

Now, as to your question, keep the air filter spotless, change the gear oil frequently, and get a MANUAL for your scooter and READ it. Follow the maintence schedules and you should have little trouble with it.
32:1 with good oil will help the motor live and find someone who knows what they are doing to help you jet it correctly. Try asking your local bike shop what they are using for jetting in your area. Good luck and have fun with it.

330exracer122
12-01-2002, 12:10 PM
hahah scooter lmao

sly400ex
12-01-2002, 01:17 PM
Change the oil frequently!!! It's less than one quart per change. ($1.50, cheap). I changed the oil in my YZ 250 every tank full, better safe than sorry!! That'll keep the engine nice and fresh!! As far as the spark plug, run one that is applicable to the conditions you ride. If you ride it pretty hard, run a hot plug, if you more or less just cruise, run a cooler plug. That will save you from fouling plugs out. Hope this helps…..

TRXRacer1
12-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Changing oil every time you fill up is a little drastic but like you said it won't hurt.

My advice would be run a good pre-mix oil. Don't be cheap here. A good pre-mix oil will have you running better and longer. I use Klotz Super Techniplate in in all my 2-strokes. If you run a synthetic or blend go 50:1. If you go cheap run 32:1. Always keep spare plugs handy and make sure they are gaped right. Don't get screwed into buying over priced plugs. They're not worth it. Make sure you have a good seal on you air filter and make sure it's lubed. Keep your chain lubed and change that gear oil atleast every 40 hrs of riding. If you do all of that you should be fine.

WitherQuikEX
12-07-2002, 11:27 AM
ok thanks guys

phatswinn
12-11-2002, 03:45 PM
the manuel should tell u what to run in it, break it in right when ya get it too, and i think the mauel recomends changing the rings after ya do it but im not sure if its tht important, and definetly when it starts to run a lower compression do a rebuild or it might seize