PDA

View Full Version : yamaha warrior troubles HELP

redkaz04
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok, I picked up a warrior for 1000 bucks that "needed" a tune up. At first the bike would not idle at all except on choke, but after rebuilding the carb and cleaning/replacing the jets it idles fairly smoothly but will not rev. It "putters" around the yard and doesn't die but it will not rev and sounds rough bap...bap....bap if you will. The exhaust is not blowing blue smoke....what's the deal? any ideas?

06-03-2008, 07:17 PM
ok i had this problem lol i changed the idle constantly it worked a lil bit then i changed all oils and w/e but after time i found out i had a leakin ring or needed a ring job :( not good u should go get it looked at

01exrider 281
06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/sparkplug.html
see what you plug looks like.

adjust the fuel and air screw maybe that is off.

redkaz04
06-09-2008, 02:32 PM
a ring job,? You mean the top end or just a gasket? somewhere? Did you do yours or did you pay a stealership to do it> Tell me more lol.......thanks

97WarriorRider
06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Check your parking break. By the clutch perch. If its moved at all it wont run right. It has a rev limiter/sensor on it. This is a common thing with warriors. Check out www.yfm350central.com. if the sight doesnt work PM and ill give the the other link

redkaz04
06-10-2008, 02:36 PM
not the parking brake....I know I only have 3 posts on this forum, but I have over 350 on 450r.org;)...actually the first thing I did was take the parking brake off. Thanks though....I wanna hear more from mx cowboy......

97WarriorRider
06-16-2008, 05:04 PM
I didnt even look at your post count. Are you still having problems? if so check out that web page. they should be able to tell you whats goin on with just a few posts

redkaz04
06-18-2008, 12:29 PM
no biggie lol...sometimes on a forum it seems if you have a low post count ppl do not take you seriously and disregard your questions.....but to answer your question, the Air Force has taken me away from my hobby until september so all I can do is read about it for now.....thanks,

06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by redkaz04
not the parking brake....I know I only have 3 posts on this forum, but I have over 350 on 450r.org;)...actually the first thing I did was take the parking brake off. Thanks though....I wanna hear more from mx cowboy...... um not sure what u wanna hear from me but a friend of my a proffesional mechanic told me it was my rings b/c it was blowin blue smoke then i looked it up in the owners manual he was right havent had it dont yet:(