PDA

View Full Version : finally got the jet kit

Honda10
06-02-2008, 03:45 PM
so I found out that the k&N jet kit on rockymountainatv.com is a dyno jet. I opened the box and I was expecting a bag with a needle and jets but instead I saw a Dyno jet kit, I thought that was pretty awsome. Ok, so I installed the kit to what the directions told me. It came with a washer that it said to put on top, so I took it as I had to put It on so it was resting on the clip. Is this right. Also it told me to put it on the 3rd clip position. Last question, do i have to adujust the idol, because mine idols really high? just hitting the throttle now in neutral it only has 1 quick pop, but otherwise it is pretty much cured. I just have to take it out riding to fine tune it.

dirtdawg
06-04-2008, 06:31 PM
so, was it woth it, or should i try making a custom one myself? jk. just wanted to know how you made out personally. I probably will end up getting the kit, just don't know when. what size jets come with it? if they are smaller than 110, i don't need them, but dyno jets are different, which i do know of.

Honda10
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
it comes with a an 86-112, new needle with six slots, clip, and washer. And good directions. Personally it is a great buy, I let my quad warm up, reved it all the way only one quick pop. I have to take it out and ride it to perfect it. But I would buy it if I were you. The jet numbers for dyno jet run smaller than the regular keihn jets.

Honda10
06-23-2008, 08:23 AM
this jetting thing is getting on my nerves. so I put in what the the dyno jet tells me and take it out riding and it has a little more power but still backfires. then I try going down a main jet and took it out riding yesterday. At the beginning of the day all my quad did was rev real fast and high through all the gears with no low end power what so ever and minimal top end. so then halfway through the day it starts getting all the power and more comes back, but what do know the backfireing comes back too and it was alot. also I dont know exactly if I put that washer on right, is it supposed to be sitting so the spring is resting on it or so the clip is resting it? please help me with my jetting.

dirtdawg
06-23-2008, 01:21 PM
when was the last time u tightened up ur exhaust system? i found out that i had an exhaust leak that was causing the backfire.

06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
go to www.jetsrus.com and read their frq on the left side of the screen about jets and jetting...this should help any one decide why not to waste money on a dynojet kit if they haven't already and why you may not be jetted correctly if you do have the dj kit installed...

good luck...

aslo as a word of warning..never bend your needle...dynojet will not just sell you one...you have to send the bent needle to them for them to determine if it is in fact a dj needle. you ship it to them..they have it for a week and then sell you the new needle for 8 and 10 shipping. by the way, they put it in the same envelope you would send a letter to dear ole gramma without any kind of support for the needle...all in all the process too just under 3 weeks...

06-23-2008, 02:23 PM
you obviously didn't read their faq then...or look at their jet kit...

one trip to the dealer...get a variety of jets and your good to go...i can get jets from my dealer for about 2.25 each...if i get 10 of them...that is still less than half the price of the dj kit...

the way the treated me when i called about the bent needle...well, let's just say i wasn't even smart enough for the special education program... plus... imagine if someone were racing a weekly series and couldn't race because while they were cleaning their carb, they accidentally bent the needle. no needle, no run...no run, no race..no race, no points for 3 weeks...end of season for that guy...just because they had to verify that you did have a dj kit...i even had the nifty little baggie that the needle came in with their part number on it...the guy even said the part number i read him was the same as the part number they had for the needle...still wouldn't sell me the needle...and $10 to ship a needle in a plain envelope. it wasn't even padded. the needle could have been bentt in shipping and the new needle could have been easily bent in the mail...

i am not saying all jet kits are a waste...just the dj kits...

06-23-2008, 02:37 PM
again...you are not getting my point...the DYNOJET kits are a waste...

Honda10
06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
I havent even replied yet, why are you getting so angry, I havent said a word yet, I all ready went the indevidual jet route and it didnt work, plus my dealer charges 10 bucks per main jet cause they come in packs of threes. but thanks anyways. I will try to tighten my exhaust too.

06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
somebody deleted their posts

Honda10
06-25-2008, 11:13 AM
ooo okay, cuz it looked like you were talking to yourself.