PDA

View Full Version : Tie Rods

SteveWR450F
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Last weekend was enjoying my girlfriend's 05 TRX 400. For Xmas, I put new 450 shocks on her ride. GT Thunder respring/revalve.

Suspension got dialed in so was pushing the machine more . . . Unfortunately I failed to avoid a small rock and ended up bending her OEM tie rod.

Got me thinking . . the tie rod bent to absorp the impact. Everything else did well, such as no bent rim.

Should I replace with another OEM tie rod or do you guys upgrade the tie rods. If so, what brand do you recommend. Lone star? Who else. Anybody experience more bent rims with stronger tie rods?

Thanks, Steve

honda729
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM
stock tie rods are cheap and i dont know about you but iv only bend 1 and that was from going up a hill and then watching my bike go back down without me. check out the parts section here u can probly get one for like 5 buck

YELLOW_TRX400EX
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
i was running on the streets and i fliped my 400 like 2 times the 2 tie rods bent + the steering stem i put a houser stem and tusk tie rods they where like 60$for both i havent bent any of my rims if i where u buy them stronger so it wont happen again...

exrider272
06-03-2008, 02:30 PM
just get another OEM... there so cheap... just last week i was out riding and i bent mine,so i rode it home go the deadblow pounded it sumwat straight.. and rode it up to the local dealer and got one for 5 bucks... cant beat that