PDA

View Full Version : Speechless

pizmo 400ex
06-02-2008, 02:39 PM
so i went to pismo last weekend and went to the sand drags. so i line up against a ltz 400 thats piped and jetted and has paddles and all, and a kfx 400 thats piped and jetted and without paddles, and my 400ex thats piped and jetted, cdi and paddles. so i handled the ltz easily, but the kfx caught me and beat me. so i think he had something else done to his motor. what do you think?

drew416ex
06-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I would say he had something else considering the suzuki is basically the same quad.

trx400EXtreme
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
it's all in the rider....... not saying your a bad rider, just saying that maybe the guy on the KFX was better.

06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
it's all in the rider....... not saying your a bad rider, just saying that maybe the guy on the KFX was better.

very possible although the kfx not having paddles made it better because sometimes too many paddles will slow you down. But all you had was a CDI thats different and I dont think that would make or break a race unless everyone is topped out. or he could have had nitrous you never know.

pizmo 400ex
06-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i would have him and the beginning and then like 3/4 down he just zoomed past me. maybe he was just that good, but i'm a pretty good rider too. i've beat every other kfx i raced but just not that 1. we raced a bunch of times and it was always the same result.

frenimy
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Just a thought but was he a smaller rider than you because the size of the rider(weight) is a larger factor than people take into account. Also Pismo dunes are a blast to ride.

pizmo 400ex
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by frenimy
Just a thought but was he a smaller rider than you because the size of the rider(weight) is a larger factor than people take into account. Also Pismo dunes are a blast to ride.

not sure, i'm small myself at 5'6 125. he might have been a little smaller. pismo is a great place to ride, i love it. do you go often? will you be there for the 4th of july?