PDA

View Full Version : Best Tires For a Race LTZ

QuadRid3r442
06-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey guys I need a new set of tires for the race season and was thinking about what to buy. I have ITP Holeshot MX4's and they seem to be pretty good but they're the only tires ive ever ran. I was looking into some ITP Quadcrosses but my friend told me they're expensive and they wear out too quick. So overall, what would be best? MX4's, Quadcrosses, Maxxis Tires, Or Kenda's?

Mark13
06-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't race so my advice may be wrong, but shouldn't the tire choice/ tread pattern very depending on the track that you will be on. Ex. a hard track probably would be better off with different tires then a really soft track

nastynotchback1
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadRid3r442
Hey guys I need a new set of tires for the race season and was thinking about what to buy. I have ITP Holeshot MX4's and they seem to be pretty good but they're the only tires ive ever ran. I was looking into some ITP Quadcrosses but my friend told me they're expensive and they wear out too quick. So overall, what would be best? MX4's, Quadcrosses, Maxxis Tires, Or Kenda's?

You are right.different tires for different conditions.i have ran several different tires and i like grooved tamers and hole shot fronts the best.9.5 on some tracks and 11 on others.with that said i am using hole shot mx4's all around now.

quoted the wrong person.

QuadRid3r442
06-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
You are right.different tires for different conditions.i have ran several different tires and i like grooved tamers and hole shot fronts the best.9.5 on some tracks and 11 on others.with that said i am using hole shot mx4's all around now.

quoted the wrong person.

yeah i have the mx4's on there now but i kinda wanted to see if anything worked better or lasted longer.