spincr4hire
06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
anyone got any leads on the 09s, new graphics? lol

sparksmakefire
06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
wont know anything till september when honda has it at the show

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I heard a rumor that as far as engine wise goes it will be the transmission from the 04-05 matched with the bore and stroke and top end from the CRF type motor.

Also heard, 49 inches wide along with long travel showa shocks, and a new type linkage system in rear..

No fuel injection.

4bidden
06-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

Also heard, 49 inches wide along with long travel showa shocks, and a new type linkage system in rear..

Never in a million years.

06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
haha X2 ^

Dave400ex
06-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Should know by the end of summer if it will be changed at all. If it isn't it will be released over the summer, if it does have changes it won't get released until their show in Sept.

I don't see Honda building it MX width either.

06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
i heard its gonna be a turbo charged fuel injected motor now! lol j/k i just made that rumor.

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 4bidden
Never in a million years.

And why is that?

blasterfreak99
06-02-2008, 07:39 PM
And why is that?

because its too good of an xc quad and a small percentage of 450r riders actually race their 450rs. in other words there is more of a market for what they have now

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
O really? You can think what you want, but i have my reliable sources in the industry. If you thinking by long travel i mean 19-20 inch shocks your wrong, Suzuki calls there LTR shocks long travel..

Ooo by the way, why do i even talk you guys got it all figured out! :p

blakefoote
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
honda dont give a crap about any racing as long as they are selling they dont care what their "ATV" racers do.... un like Suzuki, Can-Am, Yamaha, and Kawi

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 07:59 PM
That has to be the dumbest, un-informed post ever... Your right, they dont sponsor Joe Byrd, Josh Upperman, Or Clay Holmes, thats all just blasphemy.

06-02-2008, 08:03 PM
That has to be the dumbest, un-informed post ever... Your right, they dont sponsor Joe Byrd, Josh Upperman, Or Clay Holmes, thats all just blasphemy.

You will be my hero if you are right about the 49 inches lt part.

Reticle
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM

Actually, 90% of the reason they lost John Natalie to Can-Am is because of their half assed support of their Pro's.

400exrapes
06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Even though Honda has the factory team, they could care less about it and therefore I dont think they'll change much because its still an awesome xc quad too. The factory team is horrible compared to others, they dont even provide a rig take a look in a dirtwheels maybe 2-3 months ago and they show you the payout for winning mx races is like 500 dollars for 1st overall, where can-am and kawi are 2500 along with other better offers. Honda makes cars too and they care about making more money for themselves in general not trying to please the specific racers, theres still plenty of trail riders who wont be able to afford this mx ready 450r. This is all Just my opinion for the most part.

FHKracingZ
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
You honestly think Kawasaki, Suzuki, And Can-Am have factory race teams because "they care", thats bull*****... At the end of the day its all about business, which is something you don't understand..

Different Companies have different business plans, they operate different.

You continue to criticize Honda but at the same time you dont realize they were the Second factory to get have a Semi, If you remember the Motorsport Honda Semi in 2006 with Farr and Upperman.

At the end of the day every manufacture supports racers to make a doller from it. Thats the truth.

maticus
06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
yeah what he said

06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Yea I actually take back my last post I just hope they improve the 08 because I would rather have a bike that can be a trail bike stock then having a stupid mx bike that needs -length a arms and all that ****.

Reticle
06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm just quoting what I've read.

John Natalie on why he left Honda.....

"To get to the next level I need the support that Suzuki (and presumably Can-Am) gives their guys. I need a truck and the trailer and mechanics. I need to not worry about my program at all and just ride and test. Honda isn't ready to step up to that next level yet, so I'll be moving on."

D Bergstrom
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, my opinion is the 2009 TRX will go mostly unchanged. The TRX700XX was just released a month or two ago, and I read in a dirt bike magazine that the 2009 CRF is getting a major overhaul from Honda, so I would guess the R&D budgets are about used up for the 2009 models. Hopefully I am wrong. Does not really matter anyway, I would not buy one, I have WAY to much money in my 2004 and 2005. (If I was to buy anything, it will be a 700XX.) Even if there are some big upgrades, I really do not see Honda making the TRX wider. I think Honda goes after the trail quad buyer, not the mx quad buyer.

Doug

400exrapes
06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Reticle
I'm just quoting what I've read.

John Natalie on why he left Honda.....

"To get to the next level I need the support that Suzuki (and presumably Can-Am) gives their guys. I need a truck and the trailer and mechanics. I need to not worry about my program at all and just ride and test. Honda isn't ready to step up to that next level yet, so I'll be moving on."

Excactly, the factory mx team isnt very good compared to others and I think they care about other parts of their company other then atvmx racing. That by all means doesnt make the 450r a bad quad.

liledg
06-03-2008, 07:57 PM
i think that honda will give us fuel injection and thats it. to keep the price down they wont change the bike to much. if they go futher then i can c them giving us a kaw style aluminum/steel frame to make us feel like where faster then raise the price.

fasterblaster89
06-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda has never had a factory race team (in the 21centry). The motosport rig was owned by tim farr, he was trying to make an investment, so he could make some money when he became retired. And the sposerd riders like Joe Byrd, Josh Upperman, Or Clay Holmes, are lucky to get 1 free quad for the year, they buy all the other ones. I was just at the sunset ridge national talking to them all about it. Honda has no involvement in the motocross world.

FHKracingZ
06-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster89
Honda has never had a factory race team (in the 21centry). The motosport rig was owned by tim farr, he was trying to make an investment, so he could make some money when he became retired. And the sposerd riders like Joe Byrd, Josh Upperman, Or Clay Holmes, are lucky to get 1 free quad for the year, they buy all the other ones. I was just at the sunset ridge national talking to them all about it. Honda has no involvement in the motocross world.

O Really, you seem to have all the pieces. Well Mark Baldwins wife specifically told me honda gave josh 6 quads this year and is paying for EVERYTHING as far as travel expenses.

Joe Gets ALOT of support from honda. He may not have a huge semi from them but he gets all kinds of support. He builds a brand new bike with new everything every 3 races, his travel expenses are over $250,000 to compete the whole circuit and HONDA and a few other sponsors help cover that cost..

Clay's deal is kinda raw, he does have honda support, he gets factory parts ( like the one off valve train parts and exc. ) Or would you like his cell phone number to call him and ask him the truth about everything??

But again i must know nothing i am talking about.

Honda threw a 6 digit figure at Jeremy Lawson this winter and were going to have a semi with lawson and byrd, but Can Am told jeremy they would tripple what ever offer honda gave them..

Lawson also has told his team manager THIS YEAR to FIRE him , literally to kick him off the team.

I do not care what any of you believe, I have very reliable sources when it comes to the info in "the loop".

06-04-2008, 11:56 AM
back to the rumors my cousins uncles sisters boyfriends mothers friend said that the 2009 450r will be 450cc 5 speed with Showa shocks.

Dave400ex
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't think they need to worry about the width, but better suspension with a new rear setup would be nice. They also need to do something about the spindles. How about fixing the POS e-start as well. I would like to see a dual piston rear caliper also. As for the motor they just need to beef up the bottom end, tranny, etc.

Changes or not, I'm getting one. :D

06-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I don't think they need to worry about the width, but better suspension with a new rear setup would be nice. They also need to do something about the spindles. How about fixing the POS e-start as well. I would like to see a dual piston rear caliper also. As for the motor they just need to beef up the bottom end, tranny, etc.

Changes or not, I'm getting one. :D

Exactly what I want I sure hope your predictions are right because thats like a possiblility becuase its not too much to ask for but yea I am getting one either way.

Dave400ex
06-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Those are just a list of things I would like to see changed, not really predictions. I honestly don't think the 09 will be changed much at all, if any.

06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Yea your right but I just want a 09 that has no problems like starts rebiable and runs good and maybe has efi but idk. I want to make one for trails so I want it to be reliable.

400exrider707
06-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I certainly hope FHKracingZ is right. I would love an MX width quad from Honda without EFI!!! I'll buy one for sure, and I've never bought a quad brand new EVER before! That's the one I'm waiting for!

450rJam
06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
if they made it wider it still wouldnt be as good as aftermarket

everyone puts better suspension on the ltr and its already wide

hope they just fix the problems

e start
rear link (bucking)
and make hrc kit stock

RosquistRacer39
06-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I dont know about that. Yea the factory boys and guys who have a lot of money put on aftermarket arms and such, but even Kory Ellis ran the stock arms and did well in quadcross taking the championship last year. And for everyone who says that wide bikes don't sell need to realize that its not only mx guys who like wide bikes. Ive seen plenty of ltrs at the dunes. And isn't the LTR suzukis #1 selling quad? XC guys have to replace their arms and such just cause they beat the heck out of them so why not make the bike wider. There is a case for both sides of the argument.

400exrapes
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
well if they change anything on the 09 450r i think i've seen a few things they can do to compete better with other companies.
1. Come with a nice set of stock handlebars (like kfx's)
2. Possibly make the engine a DOHC, because i think it would make it alot better machine all the other 450's have em or most of them
3. Possibly come with a nicer set of stock tires also like other 450's
4. E-starts fixed and transmission problems fixed
5. Maybe a new plastic style? and frame color options?

Reticle
06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I can tell you right now, the HRC kit will NEVER be standard equipment. It's all they can do to get these things to meet emissions standards as they are, much less with a hotter cam, richer jetting and an uncorked intake and exhaust. And as for DOHC, why change an already easy to maintain, nearly bulletpreoof design.

blasterfreak99
06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exrapes

2. Possibly make the engine a DOHC, because i think it would make it alot better machine all the other 450's have em or most of them

sorry but that will almost never happen. for one a SOHC has less rotating mass, less friction, therefore it revs faster. honda already has a bulletproof, fast engine, all they need to worry about is suspension, e-start, and the friggin tranny. im already having problems out of my 07.

Benjithx
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
VTEC For the Win!!!

:D

300ex_#387
06-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I heard a rumor that as far as engine wise goes it will be the transmission from the 04-05 matched with the bore and stroke and top end from the CRF type motor.

No fuel injection.

That would be pretty sweet.....I know if that happened my 07 would be gone asap....

hondarider101
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
BOLD new Graphics.maybe some flames lol

06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Benjithx
VTEC For the Win!!!

:D

that would turn the 4 stroke Hondas into 2 stroke powerband lol It would be cool though to have that. VTECH would probally pull really hard when set up on a quad cause its so light. I dont know if its possible though

spincr4hire
06-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by liledg
i think that honda will give us fuel injection and thats it. to keep the price down they wont change the bike to much. if they go futher then i can c them giving us a kaw style aluminum/steel frame to make us feel like where faster then raise the price.
Like Dave said, the e-start is a POS. They better get that figured out before they add EFI, that would just add more problems.

blakefoote
06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
if you haven't noticed honda doesn't have a team at all... notice yamaha has a rig.... can am has a rig......kawi has a rig.... honda has.....NOTHING... they have good riders riding their bike becuase it is prob the best bike....

KingpinsEx
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree with whoever stated about it being pointless to widen it out. The 450r is fine as it is aside from the tranny/e-start issue's I have heard about. It's a perfect trail quad and has CHEAP disposable suspension, for those who want an mx or LT xc setup. Who the heck wants to ride on genericly sprung "long travel" showas? Com'on now, its just like the LTR, if you want a decent ride out of them they need to be sent out to be revalved and then maybe they will ride half as good as a good set of aftermakets. Unless you are going to go all out like KTM has using all high end components it seems pointless to half-*** it. Why would anyone want to pay extra for "better" shocks that they will most likely end up replacing anyhow.

06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I agree with whoever stated about it being pointless to widen it out. The 450r is fine as it is aside from the tranny/e-start issue's I have heard about. It's a perfect trail quad and has CHEAP disposable suspension, for those who want an mx or LT xc setup. Who the heck wants to ride on genericly sprung "long travel" showas? Com'on now, its just like the LTR, if you want a decent ride out of them they need to be sent out to be revalved and then maybe they will ride half as good as a good set of aftermakets. Unless you are going to go all out like KTM has using all high end components it seems pointless to half-*** it. Why would anyone want to pay extra for "better" shocks that they will most likely end up replacing anyhow.

i thought rebuilt stock shocks were comparable and equal to works and lowerend elkas. i thought they were better than half as good

400exrider707
06-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx

When's the last time you rode on revalves? I prefer my C&D revalves over the long travel Elka/lonestar setup that I last rode. With the high flow pistons they will flow more as well.

I would love a wide quad with decent shocks setup on them, and just send them out to get the full treatment from C&D or the likes.

Speed_MDS2
06-18-2008, 09:25 AM
The LTR's stock shocks properly revalved are very nice shocks. 707, you don't have to double and tripple click the post reply button man. LOL Just bustin your balls.

MX450
06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
i bet you did like the c & d revalves over your elkas cause elkas SUCK

desratt
06-18-2008, 07:13 PM
alot will disagree but I agree with you.
after riding on my elkas that were custom made for me blah blah blah . I boxed em up and sent em back. re bolted my works shocks on.

06-18-2008, 09:24 PM
the best thing really for Honda to do is offer different models like KTM or Cannondale and have all or most of the bugs and weaknesses figured out and fixed. The kickstart version why not make that wider and geared more towards MX? Thats what its made for to begin with. Honda doesnt really need an EFI yet because they have the best carb out there. I say leave the electric start how it is just fix some issues because the electric start is what most casual or average people buy and then it would be for those who wanted to race XC because its not as wide.

j_cyrus3
06-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
the best thing really for Honda to do is offer different models like KTM or Cannondale and have all or most of the bugs and weaknesses figured out and fixed. The kickstart version why not make that wider and geared more towards MX? Thats what its made for to begin with. Honda doesnt really need an EFI yet because they have the best carb out there. I say leave the electric start how it is just fix some issues because the electric start is what most casual or average people buy and then it would be for those who wanted to race XC because its not as wide.

I would rather have a kicker over an electric start any day, and I race XC.

Honda isn't going to change much, they will keep their quads based on trail riding. They don't care about the racers.

TURBO-530R
06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i heard its gonna be a turbo charged fuel injected motor now! lol j/k i just made that rumor.

Spy picks 09 LoL

TURBO-530R
06-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TURBO-530R
Spy picks 09 LoL

NickG5755
06-19-2008, 07:46 PM
wwell according to those pics Honda isnt stepping it up at all... its such a shame .. to even think they would take a step backwards by putting a turbo on it..

they should just use steam power n get it over with..

desratt
06-20-2008, 10:07 AM
backwards????? only thing better then a turbo is a supercharger. imo

as a rule of thumb at 20psi you double your horse.. reason I think it isn't embrassed more is in rasing sanctions they usually specify naturally aspired only. thats in desert truck racing too.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Who cares what Honda does.. im not buying one. Im selling mine n getting a Suzuki. I dont have time to list the problems ive had with my Honda. They are junk. Instead of pissing n moaning about all of the Hondas problems.. just go buy something that doesnt have problems!!!

elementryder
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Who cares what Honda does.. im not buying one. Im selling mine n getting a Suzuki. I dont have time to list the problems ive had with my Honda. They are junk. Instead of pissing n moaning about all of the Hondas problems.. just go buy something that doesnt have problems!!!

haha everyone i know that has suzukies have had more problems than anyone! there all selling them and gettin hondas :devil:

06-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by elementryder
haha everyone i know that has suzukies have had more problems than anyone! there all selling them and gettin hondas :devil:

lol same here i know 3 people that did this already

pro-rider46
06-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by desratt

as a rule of thumb at 20psi you double your horse...

i thought it was 14.7psi, because that is two atmospheres which it twice the pressure= twice the power

06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
on a quad 20PSI would be like triple the horse power lol. 400ex with a 14PSI turbo was doubled so I think 14.7PSI or so is probally right

NickG5755
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by desratt
backwards????? only thing better then a turbo is a supercharger. imo

as a rule of thumb at 20psi you double your horse.. reason I think it isn't embrassed more is in rasing sanctions they usually specify naturally aspired only. thats in desert truck racing too.

dude... i was friggen kidding

i wouldnt buy a rurbo quad tho.. thats just asking for me to die.
plus it wouldnt be very woods friendly

400exrapes
06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

if you dont want problems then go get a yfz450 :D YEAH RIGHHT i have seen so many yfz's at the track broken down, even lots of the best riders at the track who meticulously maintain them, they've still got problems, and i've also seen an expert rider on an 06 ltr with transmission problem after he won the holeshot.

Sjorge450R
06-20-2008, 06:39 PM
89% of the time quads break due to improper maitanance.

I am running a honda, doing ALL of my own work, also rode a honda for the past 5 years and not one DNF from mechanical failure. Just 2 from me smashing trees and bending tie rods.

ATVMX905
06-22-2008, 03:51 PM
to be honest with you guys, i dont think they will change much, maybe the graphics, honda is more of a trail quad, but they sell really good, so why change it??

Nick110
06-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

I am running a honda, doing ALL of my own work, also rode a honda for the past 5 years and not one DNF from mechanical failure. Just 2 from me smashing trees and bending tie rods.

This maybe true for you but I have the worst luck with my Honda. This weekend at Muddy Creek Practice went excellent, then after I went through tech my quad just died there. Turns out my Stator went bad. How? I have no F'ing idea. This just adds to the countless stupid chit that happens to me.. EVERYTIME I ride.

laeger2fiddyr
06-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

very true!!! it all depends on how people take care of them! & who is putting the motor together!! most people "try" 2 build a motor by themselves and end up f-ing something up. but like anything its the luck of the draw, sometimes u get a friday or monday built quad & sometimes u get a quad built in the middle of the week!! ur gonna have probs with anything u get, we r riding these things and beating the living crap out of them everytime we ride them!! ive heard of probs w/ zuk's, hondas, kawis & everyother brand, these things are NOT bullet proof!!!

06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
wow, weird i just had a very short dream of myself looking at a preview spec list for the 2009 450r it had like 6 changes that they knew of already lol weird

400exrider707
06-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
The LTR's stock shocks properly revalved are very nice shocks. 707, you don't have to double and tripple click the post reply button man. LOL Just bustin your balls.

My internet at my house is terrible, and the page kept coming up with errors, I'm surprised any of them even posted....

400exrider707
06-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by MX450
i bet you did like the c & d revalves over your elkas cause elkas SUCK

Yep, I had the economy elkas at first, but also had the full lonestar DC4 front end with piggy back ARC elkas and long travel rear end with the lonestar outlaw rear end. I didnt' like one thing about that setup honestly. The arms were also +1 forwards which put a bad taste in my mouth to begin with.

I've heard quite a few good things about whats coming, but no one will give details!

I was told to sell whatever I have now and wait for the 09 Honda by a contact of mine.;)