PDA

View Full Version : going through water

drew3623
06-02-2008, 09:16 AM
I like to go through alot of mud and water. Ive heard that you should never let your quad die while your exhaust is under water. Is there anything else I need to avoid?

Also, if if my quad does shut off while my pipe is under, what should i do?

I try not to go into anything too deep, but sometimes I dont realize how deep it is. I no mods other than a slip on muffler.

powermadd400ex
06-02-2008, 09:24 AM
keep the exhaust outta the water, and if ur runnin an open airbox then i wouldnt reccomend mud ridin at all.
if ur exhaust does go under water, and the quad dies, then as soon as it is outta the water turn the gas off, put it on its rear grab bar and let the water drain out. check the airbox. rele jus common sense.
i used to be a mud rider with my 250 but now i lost the interest.

red_rider_069
06-02-2008, 09:32 AM
i'd sya put your airbox lid on if your gonna go mud boggin.. and it should be fine

Exrider434
06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
If you love replacing axle bearings all the time, then mud is definately for you.

drew3623
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I keep my airbox lid on all the time.

I didnt know it will mess my bearings up though. Thanks for the tip.

Honda4lyphe
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I usta do alot of creek riding back in the day, if your going through and it goes under go as much as you can then jump to the back quickly, here every second counts. Then just pull it out, i reccomind adding a few extra pounds to your tires so its easier to float out. Something else, under your gas tank theres a breather, so if its at all possible keep your exhaust and the left side of your gas tank out of the water. If you kept it under too long, be glad you got a honda and their easy to work on. As said before, turn your gas off (so your carb doesnt overflow making you lose some gas) and flip it strait up on the bar and let it drain for a little bit. After that, theres a little screw on your carbuerator, screw it out and let your carbuerator drain then screw it back in. After that it may take a little bit, give the throttle 2 hard pumps and try to start it, once you hear it starting to turn over gradually pump the gas a little. This is the worse case scenario.

15 years in and around the creek, procedure hasnt failed me yet.

exrider272
06-03-2008, 02:07 PM
last year i did alot of creek riding also... pretty much just keep the pipe out of it. and i always took the axle out everytime and dumped the water out cuz its always filled.