PDA

View Full Version : PEP rear shock, frame hits ground over jumps

lordmik
06-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Not sure exactly what I need to do with this. Here's what happens. Over any med to large jump, my frame hits the ground if I land on the rear first, but not all the time. I've got PEP shocks, not sure what they are to be honest with you. There's two springs, one red and one blue, and a big res on the back with 8 positions on the big red knob, and it's set on 8 already. Can I just crank the preload or do I need to get this thing revalved? I bought it from a guy on here who outweighs me by probably 40 pounds and haven't changed a thing. The fronts are perfect, the rear's the only problem. Any suggestions?? I can try to post a pic of the shock tomorrow if that'll help determine what it is. Thanks in advance.

Michael

05 trx450r

400exrider707
06-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I already answered your question in the 450R section. No need to post in multiple sections.:p

racernorris
06-09-2008, 05:50 PM
if the frame hits the ground before the shock bottoms u more than likely have a shock that was not built for the linkage u are running, if it is the correct linkage the shock may need bump spacers installed under the bumper to allow the shock to bottom before the frame hits the ground. i recommend you send it to a shock builder and find out for sure what linkage it was built for.

Norris
Quinn motor sports
team epic shock tech

BlaineKaiser450
06-10-2008, 04:34 PM
id say its a link problem too

justtryn4
06-18-2008, 09:33 PM
WAS THE SHOCK BUILT SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU AND YOUR SET UP?

MORE COMES INTO PLAY IF THE SHOCK WAS BUILT CORRECT.

TIRE PRESSURE..IF THE TIRES ARE SQAUSHING IT WILL COLLAPSE THE BIKE LOWER. RUN 10-12 LBS. I CAN FIND YOU 5 WAYS TO GET TRACTION OTHER THAN LOWERING PRESSURE

THE FRAME MOUNT MY BE BENT WHERE THE LINKAGE MOUNTS

IF IT IS A "ROUND HOUSE DESIGN" CARRIER TURN IT 180..THAT WILL INCREASE GROUND CLEARANCE

TRY THESE THEN LET ME KNOW....