PDA

View Full Version : WEC fight

QuadJunkies
06-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Did anyone see the Cage fight that was on VS tonight??!!
That was an INTENSE fight with Faber vs Pulver?? I would never have guessed they would have both lasted to the end!
:eek2:

bcg717
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Great fight. Pulver deff. has a iron chin.

trx400EXtreme
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
that was definately one of the best fights ive ever seen. Faber is so quick. im suprized pulver lasted that long!!!:eek2: Faber rocked him TONS of time and he never fell. both are great fighters.

QuadJunkies
06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
that was definately one of the best fights ive ever seen. Faber is so quick. im suprized pulver lasted that long!!!:eek2: Faber rocked him TONS of time and he never fell. both are great fighters.
I got a little nervous when Pulver jabbed him and stunned him for a few seconds. Hes not used to taking those kind of hits!
FREAKIN AWESOME fight!
I wish I could have seen it LIVE and up close!:macho
For those who missed it, you missed a hell of a fight.

trx400EXtreme
06-01-2008, 10:10 PM
yea, he definately had to work for this one. lol it was funny as the fight went on you could see them talking and laughing at each other after one of them would land a couple hits.

QuadJunkies
06-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
yea, he definately had to work for this one. lol it was funny as the fight went on you could see them talking and laughing at each other after one of them would land a couple hits.
LOL
How about the crowd when he took a blow to the nads :uhoh:

All you heard was a "OOOOOOOHHHHHHH".... LOL:p

At first when they were down to the last few seconds , I was thinking one of them was tappin out,then I saw it was a hand gesture. LOL

trx400EXtreme
06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
i thought the same thing. i was like "what the hell!?!" lol. hopefully faber will go to the UFC. i think it will be much more of a challenge. it seems like most UFC fighters are more mature and know what they're doing. not that WEC fighters dont, but it seems like there is alot of wasted movements. but then on the other hand it makes for an exciting fight.:macho

400exkid2
06-02-2008, 12:12 AM
faber will more then likely stay in the WEC since he has the belt an he isĀ_ dominatin his weight class i dont see him goin into the UFC anytime soon

c450Razy
06-02-2008, 01:48 AM
yea the faber fight was kick *** but man the fight between torres and maeda!! that was one BAMFing fight!

Now thats how a MMA event should be, take a note elite xc..

QuadJunkies
06-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy
yea the faber fight was kick *** but man the fight between torres and maeda!! that was one BAMFing fight!

Now thats how a MMA event should be, take a note elite xc..

That was a good too!!

troyleepred719
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
That fight was great, both are great fighter, and both have respect for each other, and are actually training partners. The california kid, Fabre, brings alot to the table as far as Conditioning, and is a very high paced fighter, with striking and ground capabilities, whereas Pulver is also a great fighter, but you can see where conditioning took its toll on Pulver.

The Torres fight was awesome. Maeda is a japanese rival to torrese, and you could actually feel the anger of Torres in his fighting technique, when Maeda left his arms down in the first round, and mocked Torrese, he lost the fight, because it proved where his heart was, and made Torres even more angry, and not only in the Fabre fight, but conditioning took its toll in this one also.

Both were great fights, and great paced.

trx400EXtreme
06-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
That fight was great, both are great fighter, and both have respect for each other, and are actually training partners. The california kid, Fabre, brings alot to the table as far as Conditioning, and is a very high paced fighter, with striking and ground capabilities, whereas Pulver is also a great fighter, but you can see where conditioning took its toll on Pulver.

The Torres fight was awesome. Maeda is a japanese rival to torrese, and you could actually feel the anger of Torres in his fighting technique, when Maeda left his arms down in the first round, and mocked Torrese, he lost the fight, because it proved where his heart was, and made Torres even more angry, and not only in the Fabre fight, but conditioning took its toll in this one also.

Both were great fights, and great paced. yea faber and pulver are also great friends. they were sitting together at UFC 84.

c450Razy
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
i loved it when torres was on the ground and he motioned for madea to come closer and he caught him with a up kick! It was golden!!

wantablaster
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Faber vs Pulver and Torres vs Meada were two of the best fights I have ever seen. The WEC card should have been the one on CBS not that waste of a card that EliteXC put on. And someone mentioned faber in the UFC that will only happen if Faber moves up to 155 since the UFC has no 145 class. Two great fights really wish that Jens would have won though.

I wish the Torres fight would have kept going it was a good stoppage but I didnt want that fight to ever stop it was just getting better and better.

trx400EXtreme
06-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
i loved it when torres was on the ground and he motioned for madea to come closer and he caught him with a up kick! It was golden!! that was awesome!!! you never see anything like that in the UFC.