PDA

View Full Version : air flow level help

shawndog360
06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
ok this is my problem i know it is in the carb but when i am popping wheelies and i am on a long one it will wanna die on me in the wheelie . ok second when i am crossing a creek or something that comes up to little below my pipe or so i get like right in the middle of it and it wants to die on my and my buddy has a bone stock 400ex and his makes it threw it fine and my other buddys ltz 400 so i dont know how to fix it i know it has to deal with the gas flow or wat ever its called but i dont know how to fix it i am geting to much gas or something the thing is to high i need to bring it down some. so help plz i dont know much about carbs so pics would be hopefull thanks....

shawndog360
06-06-2008, 10:57 AM
any help plz

CarGuy7a
06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
are you getting alot of steam when you're crossing creeks? if so it could be vapor locking which will want to cause it to sputter and die. i watched both my buddies have this happen to them on both their 400's. what happens is the steam off the headers get sucked into the snorkel and there's not enough oxygen to allow the engine to run correctly. i've never had it happen on mine but i also have the snorkel removed and the airbox open.

as far as your wheely problems you could be losing too much fuel from the black hose that comes out of the bottom of the bowl causing the engine to not get enough. mine leaks some fuel out when i wheely but it is normal for some fuel to come out because when you wheely you are upsetting the fuel levels in the bowl.

shawndog360
06-06-2008, 11:59 AM
no its neither of them im just getting to much gas i need to be getting less thats why its causeing it but i dont know how to make it lower the gas flow or wat ever

jrafter
06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
my 400 has always sputtered throw a water hole never died

and ive talked with other 400ex owners and they said the samething.

not much help

shawndog360
06-06-2008, 12:54 PM
jeeze u guys are no help all my friends one there 400s they go threw the same creek as me and theres dont die and mine does