View Full Version : Anybody Good With Building Websites?

onefast400ex
06-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi,

I'm in the process of building a website and the software the hosting company gives me is pretty shotty. I am just getting into this and don't know a lot about building a site. Can anybody point me in the right direction with any good software. I am looking for something that allows me to create some nice custom templates and lets me mess around to get the right look. Also any decent hosting companies you know of too. Almost everytime I need to get ahold of tech support they are having some kind of difficulties. I appreciate you viewing this and thanks a lot for any help.

Thanks a lot,
Andrew

orca0294
06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I have a lot of experience in web development. You'll find that screwing around with templates and WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) software will be come frustrating. Ultimately, it is best to learn how to write the code but if you do not have the time to invest ask around for help like you are doing so or hire someone.

As far as software goes Dreamweaver is a good WYSIWYG editor but is costly. I personally use a program called textmate but but will come at no help to you since you have to write the code long hand and it can only be ran on a mac OS.

IM me on AIM at orcutt853 and we can chat about it. I should be able to give you a hand depending on the size of the project.

416exfreak
06-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Im pretty nifty with web design myself...

Hit me up on AIM at

the450kid

and I can try to help you out.:)

BTW- Dreamweaver is a great program, if you know how to write HTML code. It allows you to view what you create as you create it, rather than saving and opening in an explorer window.

HasRob
06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Try my friend, hes excellent and affordable.

www.bluetrendzdesigns.com

He did my local forum :)