PDA

View Full Version : 2004 400ex 4 sale KY

Honda4lyphe
06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm selling my ex because im about to move to a 450 for racing. Its always been a very reliable machine and has not failed me once. Its been garage kept and im the 2nd owner, the first owner did alot of trail riding. I do alot of riding on dirt roads and ive been to a creek a few times, nothing major in the terms of water im just being strait up honest. Right now im useing it to get back and fourth to a friends house that doesnt live far away to go to work. I've always changed the oil after a month, and the start of this summer i do it every 2 weeks since im driving it a bit more. All in all its a pretty good lookin machine, only problem in looks is regular fender scratches from trail riding and the engine could use a little cleaning in the creavices but thats it. I have no title, if necessary i can call the guy who owned it before or give you the phone number if you have any questions about it. I've always taken great care of this bike, its part of my life and it makes me sad to sell it, i was very attached to it.

Now, this is all that ive done to it.

DG front bumper
Renthal Bars
FXR nerf bars
White brothers E-series slip on
Jetted with 42 pilot and 153 main (main is 151-155 i beleive 153)
BRAND NEW ITP holeshot tires and rims all the way around
Removed the choke (adds extra power)
Lonestar bearing carrier
New chain
New rear bearings
New front bearings
New clutch cable.
New front and rear sprockets

I will include ALOT of parts, includeing a box of bolts that has every single bolt from a 400ex includeing a few engine parts. I will also include the stock tires and rims, the rear have maybe 5% tread left and the front maybe 15-20% but the new tires and rims are already on it. I'll include anything that ive replaced with aftermarket parts besides the handlebars and stock exhaust. I got a few engine parts and gaskets, im not sure of the condition but its a good bit of stuff.

Now for the bad, before i begin keep in mind the bike will run great through the summer and probably through the winter. My rear brake system is shot to hell, the lines are cut and the caliper is a little rough but i beleive its still fixable. It just needs new pads, a cylinder, and a fluid line and it should be good to go. The rotor is not warped, but its a little beat up and for some reason it moves on the axle but not much, maybe a half a centimeter, i think once its all mounted back up it will be fine. The front brakes need pads. Ive noticed it smoking a little, not a lot but when its rode for a long time at once it will smoke a little, meaning it probably needs new rings and seals. But as is for now it will get you through the summer if you decide to wait. So to sum it up, no rear brakes, and could use a rebuild soon.

Its a 2004 and the color is yellow.

My price is $2500. I'll deliver to your door if its a reasonable distance. If your looking for a great summer then man this is a steal. I'll take pictures tomorrow if i get the chance. My phone number is 270-703-2258 and my name is Rex. Thanks. I might take a trade, just throw me some ideas.

UPDATE: Everything is fixed. I did a compression test and it was serviced today. Alls good!

Keep in mind this is the last year for that body style, you could have the body that started the 4-stroke revolution!

Honda4lyphe
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
pics

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll226/TbFMe/

Honda4lyphe
06-03-2008, 11:40 AM
TTT

Honda4lyphe
06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
TTT

Honda4lyphe
06-05-2008, 09:34 AM
TTT

kmarshall32
06-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Your inbox is full... is there another way I can reach you? Or just clear it... here was my reply...

"Well the story behind all that is the rings are going out of the current engine, so I bought anonther engine and I was going to redo it... so I have an extra engine to have rebuilt, but the one that's in it now will run fine, just smokes occasionally. It will come with a d16 bottom end (1.6 L bottom) with another A6 (1.6 L) head... That's all that's wrong with it other than there's no a/c... only power windows, no cd player, or system... "

Honda4lyphe
06-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry about that, i cleared my box. Give me tonight, im gonna have my dad check into it and see what he thinks, part of me wants to but the other part is saying thats alot of miles and a bit of extra work i gotta do, lol.

Honda4lyphe
06-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Now your box is full, haha. Clear it and i got a long msg to send ya.

kmarshall32
06-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Haha, alright... I'm clearing it in about 30 seconds...