PDA

View Full Version : Need Pipe I can use w/o re-jet

Crazy lil punk
06-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Here is my problem, I have my race quad (yfz450), then I have a 400ex that I am "suppose" to keep stock to ride with family and friends up the moutains and such. I am looking for a pipe I can put on (slip-on) that will give me some power and a more "man-ly" sound, but then, be able to throw my stock pipe back on, with no jet switching. I doubt this is possible, but any suggestions?
thanks, Joe

06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
dont count on it lol you can use some pipes without rejetting but you will run lean and you wont be getting the power.

Ruby Soho
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
just get a nice slip on that you like, and just change the main jet. its no harder than changing the exhaust itself

06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
just get a nice slip on that you like, and just change the main jet. its no harder than changing the exhaust itself

changing a jet is really simple. Not as easy as putting on a slip on exhaust but it doesnt take long at all.

mooseracerX
06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Too bad Leo Vince doesn't make a slip on for a 400ex. They are usable w/o a jetting change.

Crazy lil punk
06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Changing the jets is no problem, my race bike has a HMF, and I did the jets with my Pop. But the thing is, my parents want me to keep this 400ex motor bone stock so its reilable when I am on the trails with family and friends, so when **** starts breaking, they will get mad, but I can't really say anything, because the 400ex was a gift for the purpose of riding with family, No I am not a spolied little brat, every penny used to build my yfz came from my own pocket, and every wrench was turned by my own hands, or under the guidence of my Pop and his hands. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

Hondamaster5505
06-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
Changing the jets is no problem, my race bike has a HMF, and I did the jets with my Pop. But the thing is, my parents want me to keep this 400ex motor bone stock so its reilable when I am on the trails with family and friends, so when **** starts breaking, they will get mad, but I can't really say anything, because the 400ex was a gift for the purpose of riding with family, No I am not a spolied little brat, every penny used to build my yfz came from my own pocket, and every wrench was turned by my own hands, or under the guidence of my Pop and his hands. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

Well, an exhaust + jetting will be as reliable as stock. Hell, im running my DMC full without jetting for the time being until I get a chance to. No overheating, and runs good. Just a little popping on deceleration so I hold the clutch in when I stop.

I really should jet it, and will when I get a chance, but for now its been bone reliable with no problems.

If you get a slip on, look for the disk type. You can adjust it so its just a little louder then stock but not enough to drastically change jetting

wilkin250r
06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
And what's the reason you absolutely have to change the pipe? If you already have a fast YFZ, why do you need an extra two HP from your 400EX.

Is it just for making more noise, or is there another reason?

DementeD
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
why dont u do the stock muffler mod..i know its posted around..supposedly it sounds better and gives lil more power..u dont have to rejet it and it should sound more "manly"

just a suggestion...so u dont get in trouble :D

Crazy lil punk
06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
And what's the reason you absolutely have to change the pipe? If you already have a fast YFZ, why do you need an extra two HP from your 400EX.

Is it just for making more noise, or is there another reason?

Ehh, I guess it is just a personal thing, I get mad when I am riding and I can hear everyone elses quad but my own, and for some reason I think that extra 2hp would make a world of differance, even though it won't:( .

None the less, thank you for pointing this out, maybe I will just ride stealth.

Crazy lil punk
06-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by DementeD
why dont u do the stock muffler mod..i know its posted around..supposedly it sounds better and gives lil more power..u dont have to rejet it and it should sound more "manly"

just a suggestion...so u dont get in trouble :D

I will have to check into that, thank you!