PDA

View Full Version : damn this sux

krt400ex
06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
well, i was loading up my trailer wit block the other day, and i slipped and crushed my little finger between an 85lb block and a fork lift. it hurt, but i kept loading until i realized that it was bleeding pretty badly. i decided to go and wrap it wit gauze so i could keep loading the trailer, but when i looked at the, it nail was basically just hanging there and the cut was nasty. i started to get sick to my stomach and dizzy, so i went into the building to get something to wrap it up. i barely made it to the building i was so sick suddenly. i was zig zagging like i was drunk, and everything rushed to my head so bad that i literally went blind for a couple of minutes. i had to put my head between my knees to be able to see again.

so wrapped it up and drove myself home, and was talking to a couple of friends online when i realized that the thing hadnt stopped bleeding for an hr and a half, so i went to clean it and re wrap it. when i took everything apart to clean it, it looked like i could see the bone in the tip of my finger, but i figured it would heal up. another hr and a half went by and it was still bleeding pretty good, so i decided to go to the hospital and get it checked out. i got it xrayed and found out that it was a compound fracture, but just in the tip. the bone fragmented and i needed some minor re constructive surgery. so they called the doctor to take care of it. i was a bit disappointed cuz it didnt hurt that bad, and i hate needles especially when he is poking and prodding an open wound to numb me.

when he did go to numb me, it basically did nothing so i just told him to quit poking me and get the damn thing over wit. OMFG it hurt like a mother when he cut the cuticle back and removed the rest of my nail in order to stitch the cut. i ended up wit three stitches and some very strong vidocom (SP?) to kill the pain. i cant do ****. it is amazing how ly pinky gets in the way of everyday life. something so small is now such a nuisance. i cant ride the quad, i shouldnt even work, but i have to. showering one handed is a PITA.

sorry to sound like im complaining so much...it just annoying. at least i can basically get high legally...lol. i never slept so well in my life as i did last night wit the pain killer in my system...lmao

ill try to get pics, but i dont wanna get sick looking at it again

MOON
06-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Sorry dude that does bite, I've sliced and diced my fingers soo many times I feel your pain. Hope your finger heals up quick.

cantthinkofname
06-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I've broken my thumb before couldn't do much either, yeah the showering is a PITA so i see where your coming from, hope everything heals up ok

wvspeedfreak
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
That sucks man.You don't realize how important your pinky is until you hurt it.I dislocated mine at the middle knuckle one time,my pinky looked like an upside down L.Hurt like a mofo and had to go to an urgent care center to get it put back in the socket.It took a long time until I could bend it again.

jesseweaver
06-01-2008, 08:00 PM
yeah one time a baseball hit my ring finger directly in the tip and jammed it bad. i picked up the ball, got the out at 3rd, then started walking back to the bench and looked down cause it was starting to hurt bad, and there was blood all over my hand and it kept hurting worse and worse, and i was getting all dizzy and sick and i dont mind the sight of blood at all so i know it wasnt that. but it hurt worse than any broken bones ive had and i dont know why i was getting sick and i was all dizzy:confused:

416exfreak
06-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
but it hurt worse than any broken bones ive had and i dont know why i was getting sick and i was all dizzy:confused:

Blood goes to your head. Same thing that happens when you stand up to fast when youve been sitting or laying down and your body is a rest. Your heart rate and blood pressure go up and thats where you get those feelings and temporary blindness from.:scary:

Kickstarts-suck
06-02-2008, 01:22 AM
I remember when I got my finger in between my chain and front sprocket
:scary:

needles poked into a freshly cut off finger tip doesn't feel all that great....:p

06-02-2008, 01:23 PM
The only cool story I have about my pinky is when I dislocated and fractured it playing football.

I went to dive for the ball, and when I dove...The ball hit my pinky just right and dislocated it. It was bent sideways at the middle knuckle and pointing to the side. My friend that I was playing with came over, and popped it out and put it back in position. I taped my pinky to my ring finger and kept playing for another hour. :)

My mom was mad at me, and the doctor was confused at why my finger was so straight.

wilkin250r
06-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Not as bad as anybody else's stories, but it's humorous.

The last time I got my fingers slammed into a car door was April 1, 1993. Hopping into my friend's van, and the passenger shuts the door on my fingers, and I start screaming.

Passenger: "What?!?"

Me: "Oww, open the door!"

Passenger: "Oh, ha ha. April Fools, very funny!"

"LOOK YOU ****** THIS ISN'T A GOD-**** APRIL FOOLS JOKE. OPEN THE ****ING DOOR, ******* ****** !!!"

And that's why I hate April Fools day.

Honda#4
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Sorry bout your pain man.

I got my all four fingers hit by a winch that was outta control on our grain auger I darn nere died and almost threw up, was not a pretty site my knuckles were all smashed in the chiropracter was pulling on my fingers for a month to finally gettem back in place.

When I was little I always was curious to know how things worked we had a blower by our barn so I decided to move the big fan inside it and the fan kept going but my fingers didnt and it tore all my skin off my thumb and the nail also, took a year for the nail to regrow.

Thats all I got for gross stories.

mx1791
06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
hand injuries suck :ermm:

i got my pinky and the finger next to it (ring finger i guess?) cought in my rear chain and sprocket a few months ago. worste pain ive ever felt!!!!! i got 3 stiches in the pinky, had them in 2 weeks and they didnt heal the cut at all so i got them taken out and just had to keep the pinky in a splint so it wont move with nothing covering the cut so it would dry up and scab. that took another 2 weeks. that was the longest month of my life

KXRida
06-02-2008, 03:58 PM
wilkin, that made me laugh my *** off!

One time my cousin and I were loading up my bike in his truck. He got his ring finger stuck in my chain and I pushed the bike in. It cut the skin on the side of is finger about 2mm past his nail and it took the top half of his finger off including the nail. It was gross as hell.

WhiteZrider
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Not my injury, but my dads.

I wasnt born yet, but I guess my mom was at a friends house and my dad went to pick her up, and he was just cruising down the road in his car, when some wise arse kid throw like..a cherry bomb or something like that into his car, my dad being dumb :P went down to pick it up, and blew his pointer finger almost completely off, he said it has hanging their by skin, there's metal plates and screws holding it on now, but he can't really move it.

mx825
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Not as bad as anybody else's stories, but it's humorous.

The last time I got my fingers slammed into a car door was April 1, 1993. Hopping into my friend's van, and the passenger shuts the door on my fingers, and I start screaming.

Passenger: "What?!?"

Me: "Oww, open the door!"

Passenger: "Oh, ha ha. April Fools, very funny!"

"LOOK YOU ****** THIS ISN'T A GOD-**** APRIL FOOLS JOKE. OPEN THE ****ING DOOR, ******* ****** !!!"

And that's why I hate April Fools day.

hahahahhaa. best april fools story ever.

big_saxy
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I work at a custom cabinet shop, and about a year ago i watched a guy i work with cut his left pointer finger right off! He had just cut something, and was reaching behind the blade to clear out the scrap and got too close and the blade caught his finger, pulled it in and sliced it right off. I remember hearing a loud "SHING!!" Anyone that's every used a table saw knows the sound i'm talking about. Well since the blade spins twards you, and he was on the back side of the blade, the teeth on the back side were rotating upwards so when his finger got cut off, it launched the cut off finger 10 feet in the air! It came down, and landed right next to him. He pretty much passed out right there from the pain, and the shop foreman picked up his finger and took him to the hospital. They ended up not being able to sew it back on and now he just has a little nub were his finger used to be. To this day, whenever anyone binds something in the saw and it makes that shing sound, i'm reminded of seeing a finger flying through the air.

krt400ex
06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
my sister just got her quad back from the shop yest...some stupid kid that we let ride it basically destroyed the fream in a wreck and i offered to take her riding, so i was just gonna hang in the trails to watch her ride, but i couldnt help it and i jumped on her quad and took it for a spin. after a minute or 2 the stitches felt like they were pulling out. thank god they didnt, but i know i cant ride now... :mad:

i got a couple pics, but i dont have time to post em up right now...lol. ill put a pic of the frame of her quad up too...its nasty. i cant believe we kept riding the thing for 2 hrs after he wrecked it.