PDA

View Full Version : Slight popping on decel

DementeD
06-01-2008, 02:13 PM
i know ive read about it before..but i forget already..
its not loud its very small ..and im just curious if i can adjust something or have to switch jets?

im not really sure which jets im running right now and everything seems fine but it does a lil popping on decel..so lil curious as what to do ..thanks for advice..

sheldo
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
try the air/fuel screw sounds like ur lean so richen it up

zrpilot
06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
A little popping on decel is somewhat normal. Certainly try to richen the pilot circuit up, but don't distress if it still "gurgles" a little on decel.

DementeD
06-01-2008, 03:06 PM
well i ran it a lil harder a lil bit ago..i cant ride to much around my neighborhood..dont want cops called etc..

but basically this is the first time ive ran it since installing the sparks key..
and i know it popped before but i thought i had dialed it back in

also before i had the quiet core installed and i removed it..so i was thinking it may be running somewhat lean

however i did start using 93 thinking that would make up for it..

but i think that airfuel screw i do need to adjust more..thats pretty much the only think ive touched..
its just a lil weird..in neutral if i adjust it and try to gas it..its super boggy ..is that normal? when i ride it its a different story feels fine outta the whole..but in neutral it feels boggy like it wants to stall..

tsargent4
06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
i have had the same problem. put it in neutral and adjust your air/fuel screw where it sounds like its idling normal...give it some gas and see if it cuts out or not, if it does then turn the screw to the right a slight turn, continue until the cut out stops...my 416 runs perfect now that i did that...as far as the decel popping, mine does it a little as well...its normal...