PDA

View Full Version : mysto

elementryder
06-01-2008, 01:59 PM
i have been looking into gettin a cam for my 08 450er
i have a stock motor and i want too keep it stock just with a cam and im looking to get the most nasty cam i can..and i race mx

i was looking at the
web mysto cam
web 493/739 cam
and the web 208 cam

also what about the hot cam stage 2?

elementryder
06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
anyone?

JH Racing
06-02-2008, 09:35 AM
The web cams you have listed are all going to need a spring kit and the mysto is going to need the valve guides sunk. Without the head ported you will be wasting your time and money to install one of these cams because the head will not flow what the cam wants so it will not make any more power than you will with the stage 2 or a CRF cam. Your best bet for MX on a stock motor is going to a stage 2 if you like more power on top or a 02 CRF cam if you like more on bottom.

400exrider707
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Exactly, with no other mods, you're wasting your time putting in such a large overlap cam. I'd go with a stage 1 hotcam or an 02 CRF if it was me.;)

HB-Roost
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Stick with Hotcams or Honda IMO.

The cams that you listed are pretty big cams and require alot of work just to run them. They are hard on your valvetrain also and will actually hurt you performance compared to many, cheaper cams on such a mild build.

FYI I recently switched from a Web 208 to a Hotcams Stage III in my 500 build and it was the best decision I have made for that engine yet. It runs much better and the power output now is far better. I run Hotcams in four of my engines and all have done me quite well.

On a stock engine with just a cam I would stick with either a Stage II Hotcam, or if you are more bottom end hungry one of CRF cams.

hondarider101
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
ill sell you a new stage one hotcam for 100 shipped.lmk

desratt
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I have ran 5 different web cams and love the mysto but it is NOT a drop in cam and must be degreed very percisely.
I can't remember which grind number but web has a very serious drop in cam just tell them you want their best drop in cam. I keep it with a stock head always ready to go. Unless someone wants to buy it.

my buddy has a bike with hot cam stage 2 full lrd exhaust , hrc kit, filter,regeared. and my wifes stock bike with the web cam beats him by about 7-8 quad lengths up comp hill.

elementryder
06-02-2008, 07:20 PM
i have no problem buyin the springs,retainers and new seat or what ever is needed i just want to keep away from serioous headwork and highcomp untill i can get 2 bikes

Black R/T
06-03-2008, 08:18 PM
if you do a search, dave502ex has a thread with dyno charts on most of the cams mentioned.

liledg
06-03-2008, 08:42 PM
you have to port your head to get what i know u want and thats power! so trust me when you do half a build u will pay full price for a full build later and thats not good on the pocket. go all out on your head work, as far as the motor guy you use says you should go with stock bore / stock compr, and u will b happy. have fun.

desratt
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
if your changing the springs and taking the head off there is more in my opinion in a good piston then a cam.. so change the springs and that and the piston then wait and you can just drop in a cam when ready.
high compression makes a big difference. I know no one wants to buy race gas but it's well worth it to me.

elementryder
06-04-2008, 07:13 PM
i know all about motor work guys and how to get big power outta the motor...i raced a tc racing built 300 this year and i messed up my ankle so im out for 3months....but i had gotten my 450 over the winter and rode it i think it has alotta power i just want a little more because i will more than likely competating in the nationals in b-class.i just want to know what cam will benifit me the most! i will eventually get a full out race motor