PDA

View Full Version : Fox float evol vs. Elka, Axis?

Glenyzracer25
06-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Im in the market for some long travel shocks and want to know everybody's opinon on the evol for XC racing. I have a set of standard travel on my yfz and they ride good, i just like the idea of an air shock, but was concerned getting the Fox's serviced and how well they hold up. How often do the Fox's need serviced and how do they perform? Whats your favorite? Fox,Elka,Axis?

04TRX400EX
06-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I only have personal experience with Elka for XC and I think they're pretty decent. As far as I can tell, Elka seems to be one of the leaders when it comes to XC or desert racing (based on how many people you see running them at events).

Most people use Fox for MX but they do have success in XC. Just look at Chris Borich who ran them on his 450R with much success and now runs them on his LTR450.

I think Axis can go either way. I think they are intended for MX mostly but a friend of mine runs them on his 450R XC/Desert racer and absolutely loves them.

Personally, I will leave my Elka's on my 400EX and will purchase Fox Evol's for my upcoming 450R MX quad and Axis for my 450R XC quad (but that one isn't going to be for awhile).