PDA

View Full Version : Trouble starting 300ex

300exCrazy
11-29-2002, 05:55 PM
When i try to start my 300ex is takes like 10 min to actually start it and to warm it up. When it is cooled you cant even rev it up without it boggin out and stalling. I use the choke and that doesnt make a difference. I just replaced the spark plug yesterday. When I do get it started it sounds like it has trouble keeping itself going? :confused: Any help would be great..!

DEWIE
12-13-2002, 07:51 AM
my son is having the same problem. Any help would be nice.

Lori

bigbadbrad
12-13-2002, 11:56 AM
if you try to rev it with the choke on you will bog it same thing happens to me when it is cold maybe you just have to re jet it for the colder weather. you just have o let it warm up for like 3 minutes and giving it just a little bit of gas not much above idleing revs. hope this helps i ride in the cold alot and the samething had happened to me but like i said maybe you just have to rejet it fr the colder weather but at first just let it warm up for a little while before going riding

phatswinn
12-13-2002, 11:59 AM
pump the throttle 7-8 times, its got an exellorator pump that squirts a stream of gas into the intake when you pump it, then start with the choke all the way on when it starts put it on 1/2 choke and let it idle and rev it allitle so itll warm up allitle bit

300exazzkikr
12-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Cure the cold weather blues:

Before i start my 300, I pump the gas wide open like three times. Open the choke all the way. Hit the start button. may run for a second or two when it shuts off pump the gas wide open again. Still with the choke on hit the start button. It'll run a little longer this time. Once it starts to run for like 10 secs turn the choke down to the next notch. It's like 3/4 or so. It will shut off again probably, but be patient and let it run for about 1-2 mins with the choke 3/4. Then turn the choke off and let it warm up for another 2 mins. 300's don't like the cold but once they warm up..give her ****. When it's running don't give it gas, you'll just stall it, you need to let the oil warm up so the valves loosen up so it can run normal. Hope this helps.

sprtrx300ex
12-13-2002, 07:55 PM
I had the same problem. When I went to put a new plug in I dropped it and it bent the little tab. I didn't realize it right away. Try a new plug.