PDA

View Full Version : Is the mega-bomb worth the money?

TRENT_G
05-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if the full titanium headpipe with a mega-bomb worth the money? I have a fmf pipe. It's just the one Polaris sells? They threw it in the deal when I bought the bike. Or is their money better spent on a engine mod? Thanks

sheriff525
05-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Hahahahahahaha.....it is so funny you asked because my brother just bought it and we put it on. Now understand that my brother has a jd jet kit/mega bomb with 4.1/ and k&n filter. He invested about 1200.00 (canadian) to make his quad faster.

now for the funny part.....My little brother who also has a 525 irs like my older brother but it is completely stock except for a k and n filter and a $30.00 49tooth sprocket.

We dragged them and guess who won. LITTLE BROTHER....time after time after time. Even switching riders!

Top end is affected of course but not by much and barely. So if you want to go faster $30 sprocket (RMATV) then get the CT exhaust!

My older brother is still crying! Sorry to tell on you Brhaminator.

brhaminator
06-01-2008, 09:57 AM
whatever.

ammon660
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
yes for what the fmf costs its junk. u get more performance out of the ct racing exhaust and its 400 dollars cheaper, Also FMF doesnt have a side mount for the pipe but CTRacing.com does for no extra charge and its good b/c Rath Racing is coming out with a race ready k&n pro air filter kit and new airbox but u will need side mount for it to fit. And my cousin who works at Rath says there testing these upgrades and there are 3 dif kinds one added 8HP!!!!!!

TRENT_G
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys, you just save me money. :D

Rath303
06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ammon660
yes for what the fmf costs its junk. u get more performance out of the ct racing exhaust and its 400 dollars cheaper, Also FMF doesnt have a side mount for the pipe but CTRacing.com does for no extra charge and its good b/c Rath Racing is coming out with a race ready k&n pro air filter kit and new airbox but u will need side mount for it to fit. And my cousin who works at Rath says there testing these upgrades and there are 3 dif kinds one added 8HP!!!!!!

The Rath Racing factory team is running FMF exhaust and Daryl is running FMF on his sportman as well. The whole team has been really happy with the product and output from FMF.

So who is your cousin that works at Rath?:D

baldwinmx450r
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
TC Racing is making a slip on that pulls harder than any full system we have tested so far, PM me for more info.

-Ross

JenniferRath
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
We have had the privilage of working and competing with both CT and FMF on exhaust systems on Outlaw 450 and 525's. Daryl won with a CT exhaust on his Supermoto 525.

We also have an in house dyno and have been in aggressively testing a large number of exhaust / header combinations from different manufactors for over six months now

There are some very good systems out there, but to get the best out of a system the entire engine package has to compliment the exhaust and work together for the best performance period.

We have made some significant HP gains with the FMF exhaust and our race ready PRO-Flow air filter kit. FMF has also put a lot of time working with our motor department and Polaris to build a exhaust system for our race bikes.

My advice do a little research on the exhaust you are interested in, make sure you take into consideration- air box mods- engine work- cams - jetting and even fuel - they will all have an effect on the final performance numbers on any system.

600howhat
06-10-2008, 03:28 PM
i am picking up a 525s le this week and i am sold on the ct racing kit. its a full exhaust with the jet kit. from my understanding the bike really needs to be jetted. Now if i am going to see if i can get some sort of modded air box, i heard nobody has anything out yet. Hey rath racing can u get me a set of flat black nerfs with the big pegs?

baldwinmx450r
06-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Well spoken Jenn! See ya at the Creek

outlaw450mxr
06-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by JenniferRath
We have had the privilage of working and competing with both CT and FMF on exhaust systems on Outlaw 450 and 525's. Daryl won with a CT exhaust on his Supermoto 525.

We also have an in house dyno and have been in aggressively testing a large number of exhaust / header combinations from different manufactors for over six months now

There are some very good systems out there, but to get the best out of a system the entire engine package has to compliment the exhaust and work together for the best performance period.

We have made some significant HP gains with the FMF exhaust and our race ready PRO-Flow air filter kit. FMF has also put a lot of time working with our motor department and Polaris to build a exhaust system for our race bikes.

My advice do a little research on the exhaust you are interested in, make sure you take into consideration- air box mods- engine work- cams - jetting and even fuel - they will all have an effect on the final performance numbers on any system.

when is the air box kit coming out?

katch26
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by sheriff525

now for the funny part.....My little brother who also has a 525 irs like my older brother but it is completely stock except for a k and n filter and a $30.00 49tooth sprocket.

damn thats an awfully big sprocket

ammon660
06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Rath303 i was talking only about the megabomb system and i dont mean its crap but for the price ct pipes are better and Yes FMF is good i have fmf powerline on my big bear 400 and i can really see the dif. in power. my cousins name is Gabe Dauphin.

06-19-2008, 07:55 PM
i had a mega and a power bomb fmf pipe for my bikes one year and one of the head pipes broke right at the mega/power part so i ripped them apart to see what was inside them. and its actually funny the pipe doesnt oped up to the size of the mega/power part the pipe runs through and has 2 3/8 holes drilled into the origional pipe. now over the last few eyars of thinking about it i came up with this. i dont think the mega/power will give you anymore power all it will do it make you pipe quieter just like the DASA tumor pipes.

just my 2 cents