PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the Curtis Sparks X4 cam?

HondaRaceReady
05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Is it as good as they say it is? It doesnt really say whether its stage 1 or 2, and its a lot more work than a hotcam. Its built on the stock cam, which is hard, plus it needs hard faced rocker arms and HD valve springs. Is it worth it on a 416 12.5:1 or would stage 2 hotcam be better?

blue_ex_rider
05-30-2008, 11:47 PM
I got the cam but havent got to run it yet. Scoot at Sparks told me that it compared to the big web cam but a little more bottom to mid and not as much top but i dunno. they are really expensive i know but i just havent got to get mine together but I have the cam can tell you in a week or so maybe. But its bigger then tyhe stage 2 but what other mods do you have with it?

HondaRaceReady
05-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Well, right now I have a stock motor, but I'm planning my setup for when I rebuild. I want to go 416 12.5:1. I was trying to find out which cam I should go with. I'm thinking I'll use the stage 2 hotcam because I'm looking for more top end power and top speed. Let me know how the cam works for you though.

blue_ex_rider
05-31-2008, 01:30 PM
I will do if you want alot of top end power go with the web stage 3 cam.

BossmanEX
06-01-2008, 12:41 AM
I had a stage II hotcam and didnt care for it. It was good for running wide open down a straight stretch but I never could get a good idle and my wheeler would load up on slower trails. I would have to get it on a straight stretch and open it up to clean it out. I messed with the carb a bit but never could get it right. I bought a sparks drop in cam and Im waithing on the jug with new head studs.