PDA

View Full Version : HMF Pipe is on!!!

MAKO19
05-30-2008, 08:42 AM
All I got to say is any sound clip on you tube or the HMF website does not do this exhaust system justice. This thing is LOUD!!! My quad sounds like a beast and I love it. I will probably have to push it a bit further down the road now when I take it out for late night cruises through the woods so I don't wake up the neighborhood. It's got a nice deep idle with a quality sound all through the RPM range. As far as performance it definitely made a difference that you can feel especially after I re-jetted the carb with the recommended 152 main and 42 pilot.

I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this exhaust to anyone looking for a performance pipe for their 400. I can't wait to get out of work and go riding again tonight. :cool:

hornetgod13
05-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Congrats on a wise exhaust decision. I highly recommend you install a quiet core insert. Your nieghbors will be glad you did.

MAKO19
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
105db to 96db it's still loud. They probably won't even be able to tell but I am very curtious to my neighbors and we have a good relationship, plus most of the time I load her up and drive it to the trails. It's only every once in a while I ride it from my crib to the woods.

hornetgod13
05-30-2008, 12:10 PM
The quiet core makes a HUGE difference. Trust me. I've ran my HMF slip on both ways.

Phillburt57
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Where did you get yours Hornet? What about your tip?

hornetgod13
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Custom built from this website (http://www.worldwideperformance1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VECTOR-ENDCAPS&Category_Code=HMF-EXHAUST&Product_Count=0)

HMF Red Sport Series Slip On: $225.00
Vector Exhaust Tip: $35.00
Quiet Core: $20.00

05-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
The quiet core makes a HUGE difference. Trust me. I've ran my HMF slip on both ways.

same here I have a quiet core, I dont run it in but I like to show people how much quieter the exhaust is with it in versus out. I dont care for the tone of the exhaust with it in but its nice to have when starting and revving your quad around the house or if you want to ride a place your shouldnt be it lowers it enough.