PDA

View Full Version : False Neutral

himark800
05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
My brother and I both just bought new DS450's to ride at the sand dunes. We have had them out 4 times, and are starting to have a problem hitting a false neutral when shifting both up and down between 3rd and 4th gear. Our dealership has not heard of anyone having this problem and do not know where to begin to fix it. Is anyone else having this same problem, and if so how did you fix it.

dbkbushwacker
05-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm having the same problem too. I took it to the dealer to have them look at it. I'll report what they find next week.

hasbeenttduner
05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I believe I read something about this happening to Lawson at a national about a month ago.It caused him to eat it big.

himark800
06-02-2008, 12:06 PM
We just bought two more DS450's last week so now we have a total of 4. All 4 of them have the false neutral problem between 3rd and 4th gear. The original 2 that we bought seem to be getting worse, they each did it 5-6 times yesterday at the dunes while the 2 brand new ones only did it a few times. These are great quads, but this problem has to be fixed and my dealer does not know what to do.

ds450
06-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I HAD MINE DO IT ONE TIME BUT I DONT THINK I PULLED UP ENOUGH ON THE SHIFTER BUT IM NOT SURE. MAYBE THEY WILL WARRANTY IT.

dbkbushwacker
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I just pick up my ds from the dealer and they couldn't find a problem with the transmission. I mostly have this problem when drag racing with paddles. I did get some recall work done to my quad, something about ignition coil and solder?

ds450
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Only a certain batch of the ds450's had that problem with the coil. Mine had an upgrade for the limp home mode. You have to check with your dealer about the recalls.

wzito001
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I have had the same problem with the clutch. It is pretty annoying when you are racing. I am probably just going to replace the clutch with an aftermarket product soon as they come out with one. Can Am needs to recall these quads for this issue. Otherwise, I love my DS. No other issues yet.

BZ

ds450
06-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Are you talking about the noise problem in the clutch?

BenIL
06-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok, I asked a friend who work at a dealer too.
He said that he never saw such a problem like that, buy he guess that when you shift gears, you shift a half gear and no the whole gear. Please check it and let me know that I'll ask him again.

wzito001
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
For me, when I shift quickly or hard, there are occasions that it will go into nuetral instead of going all the way into third gear. Whether that is half a shift or whatever, it is a pain in the ....... I have been riding motorcycles for a long time and I have never seen a clutch like this. I also think it is a combo of the clutch cable tension, I adjusted mine the other day and it seemed to be a little better. My question is; are you guys that are racing having issues with this, or are you even racing stock clutches?