PDA

View Full Version : Price for a 2000 400ex?

alex10
05-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm going down to look at a 2000 400ex tomorrow and the guy wants $2000 for it. What would be a good price to start at? I'm thinking $1600? Also the quad looks pretty clean from the pictures and he says every bearing is tight. I'm bringing a floor jack to jack up the rear end to check the swing arm and axle bearings. Are there any other things I should look out for on these quads? thanks

HondaRaceReady
05-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I would start it up and see if it smokes. Also, make sure the oil isn't brown and check if the air filter is filthy. Ask to ride it, if he wont let you, at least watch him ride it to make sure no gears are trashed. That bike is pretty old, just ask if its ever been rebuilt and maintained, its probably in good shape though.

alex10
05-30-2008, 04:40 AM
I'll do that thanks

DementeD
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
i paid 1700 for my 2000 with itp rims/tires whitebros e2 slip on dg nerfs ac bumper k&n filter and of course jetted..

so i think u can get it down a good bit..

make sure he lets u ride it..if not then dont bother..
make sure u get to change through all the gears etc to make sure they work properly..

also my does need new bearings in the rear but..its not a big deal to me really..they arent horrible but will need replacing and i also think my valve seals may need to be replaced soon..but another thing im not to worried about..i think ill replace them when i get a cam :D