PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Adjustment Issues on my Z

QuadRid3r442
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey guys I just got my motor back from the shop and while I was putting the clutch cable/assembly back on the shaft, I noticed when I pulled the handle, I didn't get any recoil or kickback on it. I didn't screw around with the clutch handle itself. I've spoken to people about this and they said you just have to adjust it the right way. Can any of you guys help me out here? I'm pretty confused and thought the clutch worked off of springs to give the handle kickback. I guess I was wrong.

airmobile101
05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
OK, you didnt tell us why it was in the shop for. No recoil could mean you are missing a clutch ring or the actuating piston isnt properly in place. That just from my experience. Im sure there are other reasons.

QuadRid3r442
05-30-2008, 04:34 AM
I had an Athena 435 kit put in. He said that there should not be any recoil on the clutch shaft and it's all a matter of where the arm goes when you put the clutch cable back on. I was just wondering the easiest way of adjusting it.

Matt03Z
06-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Well, what I did to adjust mine was turned the shaft counterclockwise until it stopped then pulled the cable as far as I could, and turned the arm basically parallel with the frame. Put the arm down on the shaft keeping tension on the cable while putting the bolt back in the arm, then tighten 'er up. Once I got that done, I just fine tune the lever play on the bars up top. I don't know if it is right, but it works for me, I haven't had any problems with it not working.