PDA

View Full Version : My New Ds

FLOLOP/1962
05-29-2008, 01:45 PM
jUST GOT MY 08 DS450X!!!
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MOST OF THE SUGGESTIONS ON THE MODS!!!
AWSOME!!!
I HAVENT EVEN BROKEN MINE IN AND ALREADY LOOKING FOR THE PINK WIRE!!lol!!!!!
I HAVE A DS650
CANT WAIT TO RIDE THIS ONE!
ANY TIPS?????
MY RIDING IS OPEN DESERT AND TRAILS!!!
GOING TO BAJA NEXT MONTH TO BREAK IT IN!!HOPE IT RUNS GOOD,SINCE THERE IS NO CAN-AM DEALER IN BAJA!!!:eek2: :D :D

montsb
05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
From what I have heard... The DS 450 has the timing held back a bit until you have a certain amount of riding hours (break in time) on the engine. I ran mine for a ride, lots of hot/cold (heat cycle) work, changed my oil, took it to the Can Am dealer, as per in the manual. They hooked it up to a computer to look for any codes, measured the valve lash ect... I only had 4.5 hours of run time on mine, the computer tells them this. They told me that over 10-15 hours, the computer will slowly advance the timing. To tell you the truth, I felt it on mine. At first, riding on the dunes, I thought to myself, this does not feel that much stronger than my '01 400 EX. After a few hours more riding, it really woke up! I guess my suggestion would be to take it for a ride, approx. 5 hours, change the oil, maybe ride 5 more hours, then take it to the dealer to be checked out before going to Baja. Just an idea, I am not a quad tech or anything though... Other than that, enjoy! This quad will really please you, I am most certain of that. All 450s really are amazing!!!

FLOLOP/1962
06-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks!!looking forward to get the quad out and ride it a bit!!!
Got my pipe on order!!
Still looking for the pink wire!!!

BenIL
06-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Montsb is absulutly right.
I don't know how is it going where you live, but here in Israel, all the machines do it. Each quad has it's time, I'll explain - The Arctic Cat DVX 400 needs 3 fuel tanks when you ran it first, when you buy it, and then you change the oil\air filter\oil filter. The new DS 450 needs 5 ride hours, etc.
Anyway, check the option of changing the gas system (the thumb + gas cable) to the system that exist on the DS650, because it's much easier and your thumb would not get tired quickly, as happen with the stock gas system.
Also you may change your suspension rebound and set it up for few mods. Use it - it's awesome!
I wish you good luck,
Ben.

FLOLOP/1962
06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by BenIL
Montsb is absulutly right.
I don't know how is it going where you live, but here in Israel, all the machines do it. Each quad has it's time, I'll explain - The Arctic Cat DVX 400 needs 3 fuel tanks when you ran it first, when you buy it, and then you change the oil\air filter\oil filter. The new DS 450 needs 5 ride hours, etc.
Anyway, check the option of changing the gas system (the thumb + gas cable) to the system that exist on the DS650, because it's much easier and your thumb would not get tired quickly, as happen with the stock gas system.
Also you may change your suspension rebound and set it up for few mods. Use it - it's awesome!
I wish you good luck,
Ben.
So you are saying the DS650x thumb throttle will work on the 450x???