PDA

View Full Version : HMF full exhaust system do i need a fmi controller ?

mike_1985
05-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Im just about to order a HMF Sport series exhaust system and now im wondering if i should also buy the HMF fuel optimizer ?
the guy said that if do not buy it my motor would run lean and decreses the life .
Is this true or can i just cut the pink wire and get similar results ?
At $225 i could do without paying all that money for it

Is it a good exhaust system ?

racerMX
05-29-2008, 06:33 PM
All exhaust systems will make the quad a tad leaner. Remember the quad is fuel injected so it knows when you do things to it. It might not be able to compensate for all the different mods people do but it does know when you take the lid of or put an exhaust on. I have never used one of those "FI Controllers", I have always used power commanders. On everything fuel injected, everything!

The reason why is because the PCIII comes with software so you can see what you are doing insted of just pushing buttons. Plus the PCIII has 10 times as much adjustabilty as the others. It is by far the best tuning tool for any fuel injected quad or bike.

www.myspace.com/tonymommone

ds450
06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I have the motoworks exhaust and the motoworks programmer and it runs so much better. The programer makes the quad run so much better then without it.

Hmf Ds450
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
yo i have a hmf ballance pro slip on and it pops and back fires alot when you rev then let off, the bootom end is way better, im buying a velocity filter so it might make it better, more flow and more air coming in

racerMX
08-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Hmf Ds450
yo i have a hmf ballance pro slip on and it pops and back fires alot when you rev then let off, the bootom end is way better, im buying a velocity filter so it might make it better, more flow and more air coming in

If you want it to be perfect, you need to dyno tune the quad after you get some sort of FI controller. I use the power commander.

ds450
08-03-2008, 08:34 AM
I love my power commander, but if you get one you need to have it dyno tuned because power commander doesnt have a map out yet for an exhaust or any other aftermarket parts.

But I have a motoworks FMI that I will sell if anyone wants it? Its the same as HMI one.

mike_1985
08-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey
thanks for the info , i have been investigating how a exhaust system would affect my warranty and bassicly i been told that its a bit of a grey area so decided to let my local dealer put what he thinks is best for it.
I would let evryone know what i got once is on